Friday, June 11, 2010

"Our" babies!❤


Perry Dale, Suttle Jr.
10/22/2009







October Rose Suttle
10/14/2008







So on October 12, 2008 Val calls late at night and says, I'm going to the hospital. I said are you in labor, she says I don't know that's why I'm going. OK, call me when you know. They sent her home.

October 13, 2008 about 10pm she calls again. "Mom, I'm going to the hospital, it is real this time." OK, I said. Call me when you need me to be there. She said OK. So about 8 am the CRNA was placing her epidural. I went on then. October Rose Suttle made her debut about early afternoon. She weighed in at 8 pounds 4 ounces. She was about 21 inches long. Her papaw thought she hung the moon and flung the stars in the sky! Up until recently, every time Tober would come in her first glance was in the computer room, then she would run to where he always sat on the couch. She noticed he was not here. She is too little to understand. She does, however, recognize who he is. She will look at his picture and say "papaw" or "pop pop pop".

December 24, 2008 October Rose Suttle spent her first night away from her parents. She stayed here with us after Christmas eve supper. I was lucky enough to have call on Christmas Day. Good thing because I spent that night on the couch. About midnight I was talking to the Lord. I received a promise for her salvation as long as I live for Him. I am trying my very best. Sometimes I don't do as well as I could. The good thing is, He is a forgiving God! He knows how we are and He forgives! All we have to do is ask! Tober and papaw had many conversations together. She tried her best to talk to him. They were like two peas in a pod! If she was here, he had her!

Sometime in April or so Val told us baby number 2 would be arriving in the fall. OK.

On October 21, 2009 about 8 pm Valarie decided something was wrong and she wanted to be checked. So up to L and D we went. They interviewed her, kind of decided nothing was wrong but they would monitor her anyway. After a couple of hours with nothing going on, they decided to send her home. OK we can do that but she still felt something was wrong. They decided to call the Dr. and while the nurse was at the desk, her premonition came true. The baby's heart rate dropped drastically to the 70's without a contraction of any kind, it went back to normal (150's) about as quickly. They came in there running! We are keeping you they said as they started an IV, drew blood and other things all at the same time. They started Pitocin to start labor because he could potentially be in trouble. After about 2 hours of nothing else happening I decided to go on home to sleep because Dale (daddy) was there. He could call if anything changed. He called about 4 am, they were placing her epidural. OK. We went on to the hospital then.

Even then though, we knew Rick was not well. He had absolutely no energy and was much quieter than usual. It would be one month to the day later that we would find out he had a tumor. But even though he did not feel well, he was still there for the birth of our babies. He went out and found baby stuff all on his own. I was quite proud of him. He took the papaw thing a lot more seriously than I though he would. ❤

Perry Dale Suttle, Jr. made his debut mid morning weighing in at 7 pounds 9 3/4 ounces and 19 inches long. He was smaller than his sister, and seemed so much more fragile. Rick was almost afraid to hold him. I wish they had time to get to know each other. They will one day though!
I have a promise of his salvation as well. As he grows, he looks like his papaw. At least I think he does. And there have been comments on how much he looks "like a Sanders!" Hum, I think he kind of looks like a James!

Tonight when I got home from work both babies were sleeping. They are so very precious and I love them both. Of course, if the phone wouldn't ring at 9:50 at night they might sleep better Val!

I love you all!

To be continued........❤

No comments:

Post a Comment