Saturday, June 19, 2010

Parents and Kids

These beautiful roses are from my son. He had them delivered to CCU on Saturday before Mothers Day this year. Nick has a temper like his dad. He also loves his momma!

Tomorrow is Fathers Day. It will be our first without the kids Dad. It is going to be a bit difficult for us. They have not mentioned it one way or the other except Val asked me if I would go with her to "see" her Dad tomorrow. I am scheduled to work. I have asked for "call" which means if our census stays low, I can have the day off, or at least part of it. Tomorrow is also our homecoming service at church. I really want to be there. My friend Paula at work (who was there for us along with Sally the day the tumor was found) will take call for me between 10:30 am and 3 pm if I can just get call in the morning! I am hoping everyone in our area will stay healthy tonight! NO heart attacks, NO overdoses! NO critical patients tonight please! But if there people who become ill tonight and need our care, I will go in and take care of them and they will never know I wanted off! I missed church tonight. In August, the calendar rotates back to where I will be off on the weekend we have church! I can hardly wait even if it does "wish" my life away as the old people used to say. I'm old now anyway. When I was Val's age and met someone like me I thought they were old. Now, the older I get the older "old" is to to me!

I have been reading several other blogs, one is several years old, Trey, get to writing! The others are updated regularly. I find I enjoy reading the blogs and I also find they help me. I also find I am not alone in the way I think, feel and believe about a lot of things! I noticed I have two followers on here, one I recognize and one I don't. I started writing these not necessarily because I wanted anyone to read them (but I'm happy that they are and I hope I can be of a help to them the way the blogs I read have helped me) but because I needed to "say" things that helped me to get it out. I'd found reading a couple of the ones I read helped me and I felt like it helped them to write so I thought it couldn't hurt and might help, and it has! I encourage anyone who is going through a difficult time in their life to put it to paper--whether or not you publish a blog is up to you. It is just like keeping a diary except it is in the computer. You can be as anonymous as you want to be or as public as you want to be. You can write every day, or whenever you just 'take a notion' to write. So far, I have posted every day since I started. I may slow down, I don't know yet.

I am waiting for the day when I won't have to go to work anymore on the weekend. I can be home to be free to come and go when I want to, not to have to be ready to go to work. I want to go to church on Sunday, worship my Lord, love my family and visit my family and friends and have them visit me.

And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.
Joshua 24:15 (KJV)

This is posted in my dining room, I read it daily. I hope my kids read it. I hope they heed the word of God. When you are young you think you have time to serve God later. You might, then you might not! If I could go back to when I was Valarie's age, I would do things a little differently. I would have found a way to go to church more. I would have found a way....but I didn't and I will answer for that some day. Good thing God is forgiving! All you gotta do is ask, believe and obey! He is right there. If you have strayed away, He is right there waiting for you to come back. All you have to do is ask Him. He will help you!

Goodnight all. I love you all.......

To be continued............

No comments:

Post a Comment