Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Today has been good


Today has been a good day. The older I get, the more I hope for good days. When I say good days, I am talking about days with little arthritis pain, days of being able to move without crying. Some days are like that. Dr. Avula gave me an NSAID called Mobic. I had run out of it a couple weeks ago. Didn't realize how much it helps until I was without it. Got it filled Saturday and by today, I could walk without pain in my back and knees. Love that med!


We are coming up on our 30 Days of Thankful For's in just 16 days. Remember, the posts don't have to be long. Just post something that you are thankful for that is in your life. Several years ago, I read a book about gratitude.  The book requested the reader to keep a journal that would ask you to list a certain amount of things you were grateful for. There is a post from last year or the year before that tells about this. I can't remember the name of the book. Some days, I found it difficult to write five things. Not that I wasn't grateful for the things God had given me, but it was during a really difficult time in our life before Rick was saved in his garden. Many of you knew Rick and loved him and I wont disrespect him at all. Let's just say our life for a period of a few years was challenging @ best (that was way before lots of you really knew him-he changed, I mean really changed after he was saved. He was not the same man I married or the man he became for a short time!). I like that word. Challenging. Some days our faith was surely tested. We came out on the other side stronger and more committed than ever. An example of your first post might read something like: Day 1 or November 1:  Today I am thankful for waking up. It can be that simple. Please try to write something each day. We did good last year! Reading the posts was such a blessing and to read and see how we grew and the "attitude" of our posts became more sincere over time. 

I love all y'all!
To be continued.........


69 days until Christmas
15 days until Halloween
37 days until Thanksgiving

Please continue to remember the Priddy's and Wolfs in your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment