Thursday, October 18, 2012

Texting

I woke yesterday to a text asking me if I want call. I took it. It was great. This morning I woke to a text, hoping it's asking if I want call, not really wanting it because it would chip away at my vacation days... nope it was work though. Telling me someone had to go work another section of the hospital today and it looked like it was my turn. :( I texted back "I don't think so" and got back a never mind text. They decided to send someone from another area. Made me happy. I got report and went on my way. Late this afternoon, got a call from cath lab - putting in a balloon pump. I love those. It's more than just taking blood pressures and giving meds and lots of other stuff - balloon pumps have to be watched more carefully because of potential complications. So, not only did we get one, we got two. Google Intra Aortic Balloon Pump if you want to know more about them. Kim and I each got one. So, mine came pretty late and I didn't leave work until almost 9. The kicker on it was someone from another area came in and jinxed us. She said the "q" word. We don't say that word even if it's true. NEVER! Oh, well. It is what we do. And all is well!

So, I am gonna complain a bit. Imagine that, me complain. I have many, many people I love dearly who smoke. I don't want to make anyone mad because I believe people have a right to do that to themselves if they wish. It is not for me. I have never smoked. Thought I would when I turned 20 but that lasted for part of one cigarette. I couldn't breathe. Gave the pack to my cousin Donna. I still can't breathe when I am around smoke. I walked out of Kroger and by the doors the cloud of smoke almost took my breath. All I want is clean air to breathe. The smoke takes my breath and I have palpitations. It is enough to make me wheeze. Please, if you must smoke, stay away from the doorways and public walkways where your neighbors and friends have to walk. Some people are allergic to the smoke. It makes them wheeze. Sometimes it affects their breathing and they don't even smoke. Sorry, I couldn't help it. Seriously, for your health please stop smoking. Lung cancer, blebs, emphysema, chronic bronchitis, heart disease, low birth weight babies.... plus many other things are complications from smoking. Did you know nicotine is a main ingredient in many insecticides for rose bushes and other plants? If it will kill bugs... hum... Google blebs. Google pneumothorax. Google lung cancer and click on images. Google radical neck surgery. Google tracheostomy. Enough of my soap box.

I hope everyone had a great day today. I hope you have an even better day tomorrow. Please stop and take a minute to remember the Wolf's and Priddy's in your prayers.

Remember our 30 days of things we are thankful for starts November first.

Remember there are four chances left to go through WVFD hay ride and haunted house.....

Love all y'all!
To be continued.........

No comments:

Post a Comment