Friday, August 24, 2012

You know, just more stuff!

First I want to say thanks to anyone and everyone who put up a prayer on behalf of  the Smith's. Jean's funeral was yesterday. It was a good service - as good as those could be. Sandy Wilson sang a beautiful song for them. I am not sure the name of it but it was beautiful and touching. She wrote the song and she has such a beautiful voice! I know the whole family appreciated everyone who put up a prayer, came by the funeral home, brought food, sang for the service......our friends and families are the best!

Yesterday was a busy day for me. I had to have labs drawn as a check. Nothing wrong, just checking thyroid levels, checking on blood sugar, vitamin D level which has been chronically low though I am outside lots and take supplemental D. Also had a mammogram which was normal, and had a physical therapy evaluation for this plantars fascitis. That about killed me and my foot has ached all day off and on. That reminds me, I need to take my melixocam. I got all this done before 11 am so I could get to the funeral home before noon so I could spend time with family before the funeral. I got to see Marie and her daughter Vickie. Marie is the widow of C. V. Smith who was Jean's brother-in-law (her husband's brother). I hadn't seen her since C. V. passed away several years ago. I also got to see her daughter whom I haven't seen since then either and it was only briefly when her dad died. Before that it had been years. It is sad that we don't get to see family at other times besides funerals but it seems that except for those who live near us, we don't get to see our loved ones. I believe I have said before, blood is blood to me and if we are related, to me it doesn't matter what number cousin you are, kin is kin. I love my family. All of them.

My nephew, Jeffrey, has been having a bit of chest pressure for a while now, and had an abnormal treadmill so had to have a heart cath today because of our family history. I am pleased as punch to report all is well. His coronary arteries are clean. Dr. Emanuele thinks he could have a very small vessel (that is not possible to see due to its size to find or fix but could cause pressure) blocked causing his tightness and will treat with medication to try to help his chest pressure. Nothing major is even slightly blocked. Heart pumps well.  YAY! God is good!



                                                             

122 days until Christmas



67 days until Halloween



90 days until Thanksgiving!!

I just thought y'all might want a refresher on how many days are left until various holidays!  Listening to EC whoop up on Muhlenberg County. It has been a good game, now Coach Pierce is playing the JV guys for the last part of the fourth quarter. 

I think this is all for tonight. Sleep well friends, please don't forget to pray!

I love all y'all!
To be continued................

“I love the LORD, because He hath heard my voice and my supplications. Because He hath inclined His ear unto me, therefore will I call upon Him as long as I live.” Psalm 116:1-2 KJV




No comments:

Post a Comment