Sunday, August 12, 2012

August is almost half over!

I find it difficult to believe that August is almost half over! This year has flown by! It just seems like yesterday was the first day of summer. Summer will be over in just under six weeks! Did anyone see the meteor shower last night (early this am)? It happens every August and is called the Perseid meteor shower. Some years it is better than others, I used to set an alarm to get up to watch. I haven't done that in a couple of years. If I had been off this weekend, I would have because it was supposed to have been the best in a few years.  The Leonids are also an annual event in November. Some years with either event you can see up to 100 falling stars per hour. That was the case last night. I find it awesome!

It was another moving out day for Wendy and I in CCU. We moved 3 patients of our own out today! Great for them!



This is a photo of the sunset tonight from my kitchen window. I wish you could see it the way I saw it! It looked like the sky was on fire. It was so pretty and very colorful!


It is only 79 days until Halloween!


100 days left until Thanksgiving....and we are going to do it again this year beginning November first make the first or last status of your day something you are thankful for and do that each day until Thanksgiving.  You can do it! We did an awesome job of it last year!


And last but not least there are 134 days left until Christmas Day!


I know I have posted this recently, I can not see it enough! It is so true!!

Proverbs 3:5-6 "Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." KJV

Please remember all the families --   and there are many who have lost loved ones especially those who have lost them recently. Please remember all those who have loved ones suffering. Please remember all those families who are caring for their loved ones. Please remember your friends and neighbors in your prayers.  Take some food over to those neighbors who are caring for their loved ones. Even a loaf of bread and sandwich meat would help!

I love all y'all!
To be continued.................

No comments:

Post a Comment