Thursday, August 2, 2012

Please keep the Smith's in your prayers!

Today Mom and I took some food over to my cousin's house. Their mom has been diagnosed with cancer. I wasn't prepared for how she would look. She gave us a hug. She looks so frail. I have so many good memories of her growing up. When my parents married, Jean and Lewis stood up with them. My dad and Lewis were first cousins. Donna, Debbie and I have a great grandfather in common. Lewis passed away a few years ago. They are facing this illness with great dignity. I wish I could do more for them but I don't really know what I could do. I know they have a long road ahead. I will send up prayers for them and I ask you to do the same. Jean has always been a good Christian woman, wife, mom, cousin. She raised her daughters to be that too. And they are. Jean always lead by example while we were growing up. She used opportunities when we were preparing a meal together to 'just talk' teaching values as she went. I wrote a little about that last night. She also had advice for me when Rick died. Advice I listened to with my heart. It was from hers. I will never forget. And I have no doubt that when her time comes, she will have a better place to go. There is no treatment that can be offered, it is too advanced. Your prayers for comfort for her family and for her as they face this trying time are appreciated. 

When we got home today, we found a visitor on the front door. I hate snakes, I believe the only good snake is a dead snake. Period. I am afraid though that this one may be a copperhead. Mom thought it was. She poked at it with a stick, it tried to strike at Nick. Granted, he was trying to kill it......Couldn't believe she poked at it! And what was I thinking. I had my phone and Brandon had his and neither of us shot video of Nick killing it! 

Well, I do think this is all for tonight. Please remember your friends and neighbors in your prayers, and remember, please don't judge each other. That is for God alone. Not us. Please remember to treat your friends, neighbors and those your meet in your daily walk as you would want to be treated yourself. Remember to pray. I will do my best to remember you in my prayers. Last night's post was not to judge, everyone who sins will be accountable on the Day of Judgement for their sins. Myself included! And I have many, many sins to answer for. 
“But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.” James 1:22 KJV
I love all y'all!
To be continued.................

No comments:

Post a Comment