Saturday, August 4, 2012

Just more stuff - my opinion as always!

I was reading some Facebook posts last night. Seems like I read a lot of those. There were two from different sources that were about the same topic. I see it and I live it daily. We, as a nation, don't seem to fear God anymore. There are so many who don't believe there is a God. Not that you will listen to me, but let me assure you there is!

We just go about our lives and we don't put Him first. At least I don't. When things are going wrong, I look and see that I am putting lots of things before Him. When I put Him first, life goes in a better direction. Most of the last 27 years were spent longing to be able to go to church when I wanted to and not be afraid to go. That changed in May 2002 and the remainder of time with Rick was spent in church somewhere every Sunday. I am extremely grateful for that. I am grateful for the blessing of hearing Rick testify for the Lord with feeling so many times. With that blessing comes another -- the knowledge of the hope he had provides peace of mind that his soul is at rest until the Great Day of Judgement.

A cousin posted:
"I have posted this before but thought it worthy of posting again. "THE FEAR OF THE LORD IS THE BEGINNING OF KNOWLEDGE, BUT FOOLS DESPISE WISDOM AND INSTRUCTION". Proberbs. Just thought this was something good to remember."
And it is so true. Then a while later a daily Bible verse posted:
"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge"~ Proverbs 1:7
And it is so true and tied right in. I am not trying to convince anyone of anything. I am simple stating what I believe and know. And if you love the Lord as you claim, why would you not believe His word? He never changes. If it was wrong thousands of years ago, it is wrong today. Period. Whatever it is. And I intend to do better.

You might say I am lying and you might say I am stupid and that there is no way that happened. You might say I am crazy. I may well be but there are things I know too. And I know that the whole 6 weeks Rick was on that vent and wondering if it would be his last day each day when things were at the darkest a verse would post that I needed to see to help me through that trying time. I believe God does work in mysterious ways. I really do.

That is all for today.
I love all y'all!
To be continued...........

Jeremiah 6:16
King James Version (KJV)
16 Thus saith the Lord, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein.

No comments:

Post a Comment