Wednesday, August 1, 2012

I Believe

So last night all this Chic-Fil-a attention got me to thinking. I believe the man who runs Chic-fil-a has a right to believe however he wants to believe. It is his company, so he has a right to run it however he sees fit AND he has the right to say his feelings out loud or in print. I am doing just that now.  I was raised to believe that same sex relationships were wrong. Not just my parents taught me that either. My neighbors and other family members took opportunities to teach us many things about life in general  as we were growing up. There were family values taught at home, at the neighbors home,  in the community, at church and at school. I love how I was raised and tried to teach my children as I was taught. I wasn't as successful as my parents. Now, when I say family values I am talking about (among other values) the golden rule, the 10 commandments, always put God first and everything will fall in it's place. I find that true. When my life seems to be falling apart, if I begin to look, I find I am putting something first besides God. When I get back to putting Him first, things fall into place yet again. I believe marriage is one man to one woman. The Bible says it in many, many books. The Bible also makes provisions for divorce. I do not believe God intended one spouse to abuse the other or one cheat on the other. And there are provisions for divorce in those instances.

Now, I also believe that although I am a Christian, I am not perfect in any way, shape form or fashion. And neither is anyone else. I am not saying Christians are perfect. I don't know anyone on this earth who is perfect. And I have seen many Facebook posts (from gays or people believing same sex relationship are OK) proclaiming that Christians think Christians are perfect and have a right to dis gays. I don't know any who believe that. And I know a lot of Christians. There are people I love with all my heart that claim to be gay. I still love them. If they were my children, I would still love them. That does not mean I would love or condone their behavior. And I would be as disappointed in that behavior, lifestyle or whatever you want to call it as I would many other behaviors....including if they married and divorced or had children out of wedlock (and I have 3 grandchildren whom I adore that way). While I love my grandchildren, I was very disappointed in the behavior. I still love Valarie and her babies. And I am sure there are people in my family who are gay. I still love them, but I don't love their lifestyle or behavior and I believe they should not expect me to.

I am not posting this to hurt anyone! I really am not. If this hurts you, please come to me and we will make it right. This is how I believe, it is how I was raised and I will believe this until the day I die. And guess what, it is my right to believe this way just as it is your right to reject it. And this is my blog and I shall post in it whatever I feel. You have the right not to read it. Period. It is that simple!

Last night's Facebook post prompting this post.....
I believe in guardian angels. I believe in love. I believe in God. I believe in the right to speak freely your opinion of any topic you choose. I believe in the rights of others to disagree. That would be their freedom of choice. I believe your opinion is yours to speak-- not to force on anyone. I believe in the right to keep and bear arms. I believe there are some things better left unsaid. I believe I feel a blog post brewing in the next couple of days....stay tuned....I believe that's all I have to say about that (for now).

I believe in God. I can not see God. I don't have to see Him to know He is real. I have felt His Holy Power in my heart many, many times. I have heard that still small voice whisper "trust Me" so many times. He saved my soul and one day I will spend eternity in Heaven. I do believe in angels. Don't think I have ever seen one, but I believe they are here and I believe Nick saw one one early morning in May in 1996. I know one was with Rick in 1999 when he almost died. I know one was with him during his brain tumor trials. I believe in love. I have seen love and I have felt it many, many times. I believe in the right to speak freely and I have, and will continue to, I believe in the right to keep and bear arms--I don't currently own a gun but look out, one day I may. And I do know how to shoot one. I do believe sometimes things are better left unsaid and if you have negative remarks about this blog post, keep them to yourself please or private message them to me. We will work it out. I believe in the right to not believe in the things I am writing. It is your right.

One of the verses of the Bible speaking on the above subject......there are many others! Google it! This is a copy/paste right from The Holy Bible.

Leviticus 20
King James Version (KJV)
20 
13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.


I love all y'all!
To be continued............

No comments:

Post a Comment