Monday, November 22, 2010

The wind has me anxious

Just watched the weather report. It may storm tonight. I don't like storms any more right now than I did this past summer. Boo. The wind is howling. I had to take down my star from the front porch, I was afraid it would blow away or worse, break the siding. The wind is strong! And we may have some snow?!? That is right, Thursday night the rain may end as snow. WOW! I guess it really is near the end of November.

One year ago tonight I had a bad feeling. I thought something was wrong with my husband. He said it was just tired. I let it go. Even if I had made him go that night, nothing would have changed. It was too late. Cancer was already invading his body. One thing of many to be thankful for was that in everything he went through, he really did not have very much pain. I am so grateful for that. One thing I would have loved to have changed was the way the steroids affected him. That was very difficult for him. He went for days not sleeping because of those. He rearranged my kitchen 2 or 3 times in the 4 or 5 weeks he was on the steroids. I am still finding infrequently used items in strange places. He was trying to help. I miss him. I miss him so much more than you could ever imagine.

I ask you all to remember in prayer all the families who have had tragedy's this past weekend and those who suffer serious illness. There are the 2 who were run down and killed trying to cross the road near the "new" walmart, there is the small child who strangled herself with a cord to the blinds this weekend, my cousin's wife who suffered a severe stroke and the family is being told she most likely will not survive, the man who wrecked on the Brownsville bridge today, Jennifer and her family, Stacey and her family and countless others who are seriously ill. Prayer is the answer to so many questions. Sometimes we do not know the question, sometimes we do not know how to or what to pray for, God knows. Just put forth the effort and He is right there to hear and answer in His way, in His time. I still hear Him say "trust me" to my heart on a daily basis just like He told me when I was knelt in that bathroom floor in the waiting room at Baptist December 1, 2009 when Dr. Hampf was operating on Rick. He will answer, just sometimes we don't want to listen to the answer He gives. We still have to trust Him.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight (Proverbs 3:5-6)
I love y'all, goodnight.
To be continued............

No comments:

Post a Comment