Wednesday, November 24, 2010

I made it through the first one........

Well, it is technically November 24 now, I made it through the first "anniversary of" with just a few tears. I thought about him all day today. At about one thirty I was thinking about our drive to the ER, as the sky darkened with the fall of night, I was thinking about that long drive I made alone to Nashville about 20 minutes behind the ambulance. But I really wasn't alone. God went with me and that still small voice kept repeating trust me to my heart, and still does today, and I talked to Brother Stephen for over half the trip. He and Brother David among many others were rocks to us during the illness. Sandy and Kathy, the Spencers, Bobby Joe, Keith, the Woosleys and Bullocks along with Nick and Becca, and 3 of Rick's sisters were all there on the day of surgery. They didn't leave us alone down there that day. We had our dear friends with us the day of surgery, we always had them with us even if they didn't make the trip. And there were many others as well who were always with us in spirit even though they couldn't be with us in body. Rick didn't want to put anyone out by having them there. I didn't want that either. But I am so grateful they were there.

November 23 had other meanings too. April Cline would have been 21 today. Brandon is here spending time with Nick. He misses his sister. You can see it in his eyes. But I think spending time with Nick has helped him.

November 23 had a good thing today, I have a new great niece....again! Twice in just a couple of months. This time it is my nephew Josh's new baby daughter. Adriana Elizabeth. Will have to wait to see who she looks like. She is tiny. 7 pounds 2 ounces. Babies everywhere!!!

Short post tonight.

I love y'all.

To be continued............

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight
(Proverbs 3:5-6)

No comments:

Post a Comment