Saturday, November 27, 2010

It is November 27!

So last night at my mom's house Perry touched the heating stove. He burned his little hand, has a big blister that developed over an hour after they got home. We decided maybe we should take him to the ER because of the size of the blister. Just wanted to be sure he would be OK. They felt like it would heal well. We tried to make it to Urgent Care, but they were already closed. We decided to go to Greenview because they had way fewer cars in the parking lot than the Medical Center ER did, so we went there. We had never taken the babies there, so we didn't know for sure if they took their insurance or not, so Valarie went in to ask. They would not tell her. She came back to the car crying. They would not tell her if they took it or not. Now, that aggravated me, so I went in. I asked the same question, and they told me due to EMTALA Laws they could not tell me whether or not they took her insurance. I told her she needed to just say yes, or no. She refused. Now, I asked to speak to her supervisor. She called her. The supervisor told me the same thing. I said, now I am a nurse. I don't know every law, but I don't believe you. She told me she could not tell me.....but "nurse to nurse we do take it" -- I told her thanks that was all we were asking. She explained that they couldn't do anything to "deter treatment" -- I told her we weren't going to go back home, we would just go to the other ER if they didn't want us. We stayed, got right in and were on the way home in about an hour! That was a good thing. Bless his heart, he cried for over an hour. That big blister did not develop right away. But, as you can see from the picture in the ER, he became his usual happy baby after the initial pain eased. He is doing well today. I looked up the EMTALA Law, it says to me that they can't refuse treatment based on the patients ability to pay in a true life threatening emergency. It says nowhere that I could find that they could not tell us whether or not they could take his insurance.

Today was Rick's birthday. He would have been 63 today, an old man! I used to tease him about his age. He would tease me right back. I am doing OK.

We had my side of the family (everyone who could be here anyway) here for breakfast this morning. My brother Doug and most of his family were here. Josh and his wife and new baby are in Florida, that is where they live. Their new baby girl is precious. Heather and Jonas came for a little while and cousins Donna and Debbie Smith (Donna is a Hyatt now actually) and their mom came. We have always invited them to things before but they had not been able to make it here before, but today they made it. We had a great time I think. If they left hungry it was their own fault. We had biscuits and gravy, chocolate gravy, ham, bacon, sausage, eggs, fried taters, and jelly if they wanted it. I thought it was quite tasty! We went through about 6 pots of coffee, a container of OJ, almost a half gallon of minute maid fruit punch and chocolate milk. We have enough left over to feed another army. Nick's girlfriend Brooke was here by 6:30 to help and I put her to work! She fried all the bacon and sausage and some of the ham. I made about sixty biscuits, and have some left over! It was good! At least I think so, they all told me it was good.


I told Jake to look at me, he did and this is how he looked at me. I have gotten in trouble so many times for that "look" that we don't even know we are giving.......just saying!


I hope you all have a great day.

I love y'all.

To be continued...............

John 3:16 (King James Version)

16For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

No comments:

Post a Comment