Sunday, November 21, 2010

I am not sure how to deal with this

As we get closer to 11/23/10, I find myself distracted, thinking about Rick and wondering what could have been had we discovered the tumor much earlier. I know, it happened exactly the way it was supposed to. But I can not help but wonder. God knows what He is doing every second of every minute of every hour of every day. He does not make mistakes. I know Rick is a winner. He testified to that very fact on Wednesday night the day he came home from the hospital after the tumor was found. It was Thanksgiving eve. It was also November 25, 2009. Tomorrow is the first anniversary of his difficulty ordering food that led us to investigate further on November 23. I will be working tomorrow, and home Tuesday. I hope to be distracted by my work that I won't dwell on what the date is.

And actually, I am sure how to deal with this. I must turn it over to Him. He is the One who will take this from me, help me deal with it and help me to move on. I will never forget Rick. I am not supposed to forget him. He was my world for almost 25 years.

Early this morning, my cousin's wife was flown by helicopter to a Louisville Hospital with a massive stroke. She is not doing well at all. Please pray for Linda and her family. If you are reading this, if you know "Sandy Buck" that used to work at the Minit Mart at Brownsville, it is her sister in law. If you are reading this and you work at the Medical Center, she is Tammy Childress' sister in law. Her name is Linda Childress. She and Sammy Dale have 2 sons (grown). They live in the Gap Hill community of Edmonson County. My heart goes out to them. I know the uncertainty they are facing.

I ask you to pray if you know the worth of prayer. I ask you to pray for Sam and Linda and their family, for Jennifer and Chad and their family, for Stacey and her husband and family and all the others who are suffering with serious illness and loss at this precious time of the year.

Matthew 7
7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
9 Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone?
10 Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent?
11 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?
I love you all.

To be continued........

No comments:

Post a Comment