Saturday, November 6, 2010

The day is almost over and so far I made it......

Today marks the 8 month anniversary of Rick's death. I have been very busy at work today, the best thing I think. We were soooo busy today! But, today is behind us! I have made it to now without crying much. I still miss him like it was yesterday but I would not bring him back to suffer for anything in this world. He is at peace and one day we will be together again.

A few days ago a friend of mine challenged us to post as our status something we are thankful for every day until Thanksgiving. I am taking that to heart, at least for now. I have tried a gratitude journal once, it lasted a week or two, I missed one day and that did it. I plan to keep this up until Thanksgiving. We shall see. If you are reading this, I challenge you to go to my profile page and find that post, copy and paste it as your status then with the next post begin your gratitude postings. You will find it makes you stop and thing and Marsha was right, the farther you get into it, the more challenging it becomes.

3. I know the day is almost over but I am thankful for my job--it keeps a roof over my head, shoes on my feet, and food on my table. I always remain thankful for the One who died on the cross that I (and you if you want it) have an everlasting home when this life is over. ♥

2. Today I am thankful for my friends and family


1. Today I am thankful for my salvation...
The above one two and three are the things I have posted so far. We will see if I can continue it.

Now a few passages from one of my favorite books in the Bible. Know that Rick was reading this particular book when he became ill. He loved the songs of King David. I had not realized a lot about this man until I got into reading from the Psalms as well. King David was tested and tried, made mistakes, suffered the path of humble repentance on more than one occasion just as we all have. He found favor with God. We can all do that if we humble ourselves before Him and obey His will in our life. A very challenging project that I keep trying to reach for.

Psalm 46:10
Be still and know that I am God

Psalm 103: 8-17

There is a time for everything,
And a season for every activity under heaven:
A time to be born and a time to die
A time to plant and a time to uproot,
A time to kill and a time to heal,
A time to tear down and a time to build,
A time to weep and a time to laugh,
A time to mourn and a time to dance,
A time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
A time to embrace and a time to refrain,
A time to search and a time to give up,
A time to keep and a time to throw away,
A time to tear and a time to mend,
A time to be silent and a time to speak,
A time to love and a time to hate,
A time for war and a time for peace

This is all for tonight. Please consider the gratitude list. At least if you don't want to post it, keep it in your heart. I chose to post to help me keep my commitment. And one last thing if anyone knows how to turn off the nose faucet, please message me and let me know!!

I love you all. Good night.

To be continued.............





No comments:

Post a Comment