Saturday, April 2, 2011

Time with family



Aunt Bonita with Jake Dawson

Today I went to one of Rick's sisters home for a wedding shower for her oldest son who is getting married in a couple of weeks. I had a good time. Took their Aunt Bonita with me. She had a great time too! It had been a while since I had seen some of the girls. They are all doing well. Judy has a new grandson. His name is Isiah. He is a doll. Sue's new grandson was there today. He is a doll too! his name is Jake Dawson. He is a good baby!

The shower was fun. We had a chance to see family we hadn't seen in a while. We got to meet some of Teresa's (the bride to be) family and friends too. They played Pictionary too.....I watched! I think everyone had a good time. I had never played that game, you draw out a word and have to draw a picture until someone guesses what you are supposed to be drawing. Maybe next time I will try.



(From left Aunt Bonita {in chair}, Sue, Judy back row: (Bride) Teresa, Debbie, Beverly and Teresa.

In a few weeks I hope that my brother and his family can come home from Ohio for the weekend. They usually try to come home around Easter every year, then back in the summer then weather permitting around Thanksgiving. I wish they lived here sometimes. I miss them. But, we have facebook! And I get to "talk with them" over that quite often and we text and call. But it just isn't the same as sitting down at the kitchen table with them. Maybe some day they will move back, but I do understand about the move. When we moved to Massachusetts It was the hardest thing I had ever done at that point in my life. (I have since done harder, much harder.) But it was the best thing we could have ever done at the same time. I had to learn to depend on me. Mom was 1000 miles away instead of 10. I missed my family and was so homesick for the first year! I still get homesick when I go somewhere. I really do! When I went to a conference in Atlanta for 4 days a few years ago I was so homesick. I called home several times a day every day we were gone. I went to Orlando for a conference over a weekend a few years before that. I did not have a cell phone at that time and knew I was coming home at a certain time but since the hotel was at the airport, I went to the Southwest terminal and traded in my ticket and went home the night before I had planned because I was so homesick! I am going on a conference trip in May just like the Atlanta one, and it is in Chicago this time. I swore after flying into O'hare Airport once when we lived in MA that I would NEVER fly there again....I hope I can fly into the other airport! We will see!

Listen folks, Easter is just a few weeks away. Please remember the reason for the season (I know, I sound like a broken record). Just remember why we have Easter and what it means. If you don't know what it means, watch Mel Gibson's movie "The Passion of the Christ" and it will become clear to you. That is one awesome movie. If you still don't know the reason for the season after that, message me and I will gladly explain my understanding of it to you! I am not trying to be sarcastic or mean, I am trying to be honest in my wanting you to know for yourself what it means. When I was a child, Easter meant egg hunts, bunnies and candy. Now it means so very much more. Don't get me wrong, I still participate the candy part, but I rejoice in my heart because of the One who died for me.

John 19:16-19
Then delivered he him therefore unto them to be crucified. And they took Jesus, and led [him] away.
17And he bearing his cross went forth into a place called [the place] of a skull, which is called in the Hebrew Golgotha:
18Where they crucified him, and two other with him, on either side one, and Jesus in the midst.
19And Pilate wrote a title, and put [it] on the cross. And the writing was, JESUS OF NAZARETH THE KING OF THE JEWS. (KJV)

Remember........



Aunt Bonita, Judy, Me and Sue

I love y'all.
To be continued...........

No comments:

Post a Comment