Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Blessings

WOW! I am reminded just now about those as I read my nieces post...Liz writes:
I am so thankful for my family. I have a loving husband and a sweet little girl. Today has reminded me once again how blessed I am and that I need to embrace each day with them.
And it makes me think about all the blessings God has bestowed upon me. Oh, if I could be so humble as to count my blessings every day. He let me wake to the light of another day, he kept me and my loved ones safe, I have a roof over my head, food on my table, a decent vehicle to drive, a job, people who love me for who I am, little babies who call me Gamma, friends who I might see a few times a week or a few times a month or go a few months without seeing them and if one of us needs something, we are there at the drop of a hat and you would not know that it had been a while since we were in touch.

I find a lesson in her post. REMEMBER!!! It is that simple! He provides!! He sends me what I need, not what I want! I am selfish, I would want things I don't need. There is a song that says something like: Our "God is an awesome GOD -He reigns!" Actually, the second verse goes like this:

And when the sky was starless in the void of the night
(our God is an awesome God)
He spoke into the darkness and created the light
(our God is an awesome God)

Judgment and wrath he poured out on Sodom
Mercy and grace He gave us at the cross
I hope that we have not too quickly forgotten that
our God is an awesome God


I am also reminded of other scripture:

King James Bible - Matthew 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
and

King James Bible Psalm 46:10
Be still, and know that I [am] God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.
He will provide. He will! And I still believe and trust Him when He tells my heart "trust Me"-- I do, I really do!

Easter is April 24 this year. As you plan your holiday celebrations and egg hunts, please remember He is the reason for the season!

I love y'all.
To be continued...........


No comments:

Post a Comment