Monday, April 4, 2011

Oh, well

So it's just another day in paradise! WOW! Did you see the storms today? I really hate storms! Kinda glad I was at work, safe inside. There is still a little lightening out there, but nothing severe.

I was thinking today about how things have been going. I think overall things go OK. Once in a while there is a bit of frustration that I am not sure how to handle. Like today, but I did OK with it in the end. There are so many sick people out there who need someone to take care of them. There are some without many family members, there are some whose families are alienated from them for one reason or another. There are those who only had one child who may have been killed in war or in an accident and their spouse is gone. Then here they are in the hospital with only distant relatives and/or neighbors to visit and some have no one to visit. It is sad when that happens. I am not speaking of anyone in particular right now. Just over the years, the things I have seen make me think about life and serious illness sometimes.

A very dear friend of ours in Massachusetts is one example. Aurora had no children of her own. She was older when she and Jack married. He was her only husband. She had been a nun. Yep, that is right, a nun. I never did ask how she met Jack and what made her decide to leave the convent and marry, though I was curious. When we moved to MA, Rick went first in March, found an apartment for us and worked so hard. There was a place called Lincoln Lunch he liked to eat at, and there he met Jack Little. They became fast friends. When Val and I moved on up there in July, we met them. They fell in love with Val. We were soon sharing dinners together and spending holidays together. Then we moved to TN when Saturn opened. They cried. They did come visit once. Then Jack died. Aurora is alone. She has only a niece left in her immediate family. She has her church friends. She has Jack's children, but they really took their mother's side in the divorce and didn't call on them much. Two years ago Aurora became seriously ill. She is there all alone and we didn't find out about it until she was back home and doing better. We had a difficult time telling her about Rick and haven't heard from her since. Her phone is unanswered and I am not sure how else to try to contact her. I never met her niece. She lived in New York. Maybe we will hear.......

You know, that broken record is about to sound......don't forget Easter is 19 days away. Just keep it in your heart the reason for the season......

I love y'all!
To be continued................

Psalm 27
7 Hear, O Lord, when I cry with my voice: have mercy also upon me, and answer me. 8 When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, Lord, will I seek.

No comments:

Post a Comment