Monday, April 11, 2011

Glad for a few days off

I have worked a little overtime this past week! I think I wound up with 56 hours......usual is 36. I am tired! I also have call today, so I am hoping Bowling Green and the surrounding area stays healthy today! I don't work again until Thursday, but I do have a meeting Wednesday afternoon. And I am looking forward to cooking class with Libby tomorrow. It is a little windy today, but it is warm. The clouds are getting thicker and lower.....and darker. I think rain is on the agenda today. I just hope there are no severe storms....

At the end of the month I am going on a trip to Chicago to a conference. Once I swore I would never fly into O'Hare again. I hope I can keep that, I am not sure where the flight is going in.....the conference will be excellent though. It is all about critical care nursing. Right up my alley! It also brings back sweet memories of my trip to the same conference (it is held annually in a larger city) in Atlanta 9 years ago. It was while I was there that Rick was saved out in the garden. That is something I will never forget because it was then that he changed so very much for the better! He just couldn't stop talking about it! And the last thing he was able to say aloud was that he prayed for God's will to be done when that breathing tube was going in. My dear friends Kim and Mary prayed with him. They were helping place the tube. I had to leave the room. Wife kicked in and nurse left me. I couldn't bear to see him hurt and struggle. When I came back in the room (Beverly and Teresa were with me) he was so peaceful. That was the first of some of the worst struggling I witnessed him suffer. There were more episodes of his inability to breathe. It was so hard for him. But 5 and 1/2 weeks later he was able to rest.

I don't mean to make anyone cry. Remember this blog is about feelings and healing for me and if it helps other family members and friends through missing him, then I am blessed even more.

Remember the reason for the Easter season........

John 3:16 (King James Version)

16For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life

.

I love y'all.

To be continued...........


No comments:

Post a Comment