Saturday, April 16, 2011

Boy, do I have a story for you......

I find myself being very blessed today. I don't have a lot of memory of a good part of the mid day today.

This morning, Nick and I got up around 7am, went to Brownsville and had breakfast at Laura's Hilltop. I had one pancake (and only ate about 1/2 of it), coffee and orange juice. Nick had a biscuit, gravy and scrambled egg. The food was good. Then we drove on up to Jones and Gravil Tax Service and spent some time with Norman Warnell. He did our taxes for us. We were blessed there today too. By now, it's about 10:30 or so and we are back home. OK, I am feeling just as normal as ever (hahahaha) and decided to drive into Bowling Green. I got to the end of 1749 and remembered the tags on Nick's truck need to be renewed. I called him. He called me back by the time I got to This and That at Boiling Spring. There I started to feel a little weak. We decided to meet at Butch's office. By the time I arrived at Shady Land Church of Christ I was so weak and shaky and felt like I was going to pass out. I called Nick back and told him how I was feeling. I then planned to meet him at Marilyn's store. Then I called him back, I couldn't go any farther. Brandon lives right beside Otter Gap Church and I remember pulling in there. I was drenched and cold. I couldn't hear very well and couldn't see very well. Nick had called Brandon and he came outside. He brought me a couple pieces of light bread, which I ate. Nick pulled in and called EMS. I could not even walk. After a few minutes after eating the bread, I began to "dry up" and wasn't so sweaty. My hands were still shaking and I still couldn't walk. We waited a few more minutes. No first responder came. After a couple more minutes, I felt strong enough to get out of the car with help. Nick canceled the ambulance and he brought me home. I ate some lunch and felt better. I then took a little nap. When I woke, I was feeling a little sweaty again, and a little weak and maybe even a little winded, though I was just sitting on the couch. I fixed a frozen dinner and ate it and felt better so I went on to Church. I began feeling a little weak again, so I ate a bowl of chili. I'm OK again, so I guess I will have to see about this. I have had this feeling only 2 other times, the first time my blood sugar was just fine, the second time I had no way to check it. This time I didn't either, but the symptoms fit. Problem with that is, I am not diabetic and I do not take insulin. But I really hate that feeling. And one scary part is I don't remember leaving the house. I do remember sitting at This and That and I do remember passing Shady Land Church. I do not remember turning onto Brandon's road. I have no memory at all of leaving Brandon's, but I do remember them helping me around the car. I don't remember stopping at Keith's for the sandwich that I ate, but I remember eating it. This is really weird! I do thank the Lord above for keeping me safe! Had it not been for Him keeping me safe while I was driving like that, I don't want to think about it!

I would ask you to please remember Jamie Stice's family in your prayers and her little baby that was ripped from her little body by some woman whose agenda I can not comprehend. Jamie was a relative of mine, I do not know her, but I did know her grandparents. Her grandfather and my grandmother were cousins. Holland was a good, decent man. I knew one of his sons because he was my sister-in-law's husband. I sort of knew his brothers, one of whom Jamie belongs to. My niece and nephew are her first cousins. They were close.

It has been quite a few weeks around here. Our new baby will be here in just a few weeks, any day really. Please keep Val and her family in your prayers as well.

Please remember the reason for the upcoming season! Easter! Remember why we celebrate it! Also, remember "pray 'til you pray!" -- advice I need to heed myself!
Joshua 24:15 (King James Version)

15And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

I love you all.
To be continued.............

No comments:

Post a Comment