Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Today brought back memories

So this morning was a very nice morning, the sky was so blue and even though there was a chill in the air, the sun warmed me right up. I went out barefoot and messed around in the yard a little. Then the clouds rolled in and the drizzle started and the chill went to the bone. I had to turn the heat back on and I have yet to warm up.

This time of the year also brings memories of springs past. If Rick was still here, we would probably already have the taters in the ground. He liked to get them in before the middle of March. He always wanted to be the first to have his vegetables ready. He and Bobbie Joe and Norman always competed to see who could get the first tomatoes. Very good memories. Very good. :)

The photo above is the "new" grouping I finally put up. I have spent the past 3 years slowly changing my 'decor' in the living room from 'country' to 'primitive country' and I am still not finished yet. I still need border in the living room. Somehow hummingbirds and pink flowers don't strike me as 'primitive' country decor. And the paint needs to be freshened. I am not a painter though. I should have paint left over from a couple of years ago when we freshened the paint. Somehow there are little hand prints all over my walls! Love my babies.

I think that is all for tonight. I would ask you to remember your friends and neighbors in prayer. We all need prayer. I know I do. And I need to remember something Brother Steve used to say..."pray til you pray" I really need to do that. It has been a while.

Don't forget, we are coming into Easter season soon. Remember the reason for the season!

John 3:16 (King James Version)

16For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

I love y'all.
To be continued...........

No comments:

Post a Comment