Friday, April 22, 2011

Strange week!

It has been a very strange week this past 7 days. It all started last Saturday with the low blood sugar episode and then on Wednesday with a ride in an ambulance, only my second as the one on the stretcher. Hope there is never a third! No offense EMS friends, I love y'all and some of you EC folks are even family, but if I'm in an ambulance, I want it to be because I'm the one working, not the one receiving!

Saying that, I do have to say thanks to Danny and Motley, they were great! I thought everything would be fine and it was, just not used to having my heart beat quite that fast, and it had slowed significantly by the time they got here but even 100-110 is a bit fast for someone sitting and not doing anything for a few hours.....but when I was here alone and it was 140-150 for over an hour, I was wondering when it was gonna slow down. By the time I got to the room (at 2am no less) it had slowed to 70. The chest tightness went away as soon as it slowed to the 80's. All the labs were fine.

And thanks to my friend Sandy for the ride home yesterday. I really appreciate it! Today I need to go in to employee health because I spent a few hours in the hospital. They have to say it's ok to go back to work tomorrow.

Later this month I am going to Chicago for a nursing conference. I am very excited about that trip! I am a little leary to go anywhere so far from home though after all the stuff that has happened these past 6 days, but I will be fine. It is not going to happen again! I know this!

I thought about Rick and Carlos when I was taken into the ER. I passed the last room Rick was ever in in the ER and was in the room where the ER doc told Carlos he had lung cancer and 2 doors down from the room Rick received the "mass in his brain" news. Seems that often there is something to trigger a memory.......

The storm on Tuesday night gave me a casualty, my flag pole was snapped in half! I guess maybe if I'd taken down my flag on Tuesday, it would not have happened, I just thought it would have been a little stronger. If I replace it, I will take it down next time! (I do plan to replace it when the tax money comes in!)

Today is Good Friday. Seems like a strange name to represent a day in which our Lord was scourged, crucified and died. But on second thought, "Had it not been"....where would I be?


Had It Not Been

Just suppose God searched through Heaven
He couldn't find one willing to be
The supreme sacrifice that was needed
That would buy eternal life for you and me

Had it not been for a place called Mt. Calvary
Had it not been for the old rugged cross
Had it not been for a man called Jesus
Then forever my soul would be lost

Oh but I'm so glad He was willing
To drink His bitter cup
Although He prayed, Father let it pass from me
And I'm so glad He never called Heaven's angels
From my hands pull these nails that torment me

Had it not been for a place called Mt. Calvary
Had it not been for the old rugged cross
Had it not been for a man called Jesus
Then forever my soul would be lost
As you go through your Easter weekend, take a moment to reflect why we have the season and thank Him for dying for you. I will.

I love y'all!

To be continued...........

No comments:

Post a Comment