Sunday, July 11, 2010

Just stuff, birthdays and such












Jonas and Ity Bitty Kitty


















One tired baby girl

This sweet child was so very tired, she could not finish her supper. She plays so hard! She will look at my phone and knows how to push the button to open the phone, there she finds a picture of "papaw and baby". And that is what she will tell you if you ask her who it is. It is a picture of Rick and Tober at Nana's one Sunday morning. I still go there every Sunday that I am off. Our kids have about quit going. One day, they may regret that decision. This morning, Heather came with Jonas and Itty Bitty Kitty (his real name). He is a new baby kitten that they found. He is really tiny, maybe only a few weeks old, his eyes are open and he can eat soft food. It is hard to believe the picture of Rick was taken just four months before the tumor was discovered. He looks very healthy for a man with a terminal illness doesn't he!

Went to 2 birthday parties yesterday. One was for my great nephew, Thomas Ryan James born July 21, 2009 and the other was for Robbie Graham. I have no idea how old Robbie is!!!

They had Thomas' birthday party early because Jeffrey has to work every Saturday left in July, so have it early rather than late. I agree! Val went for a little bit and took both babies. Tober had a good time at Marie's. (Jeffrey's mother-in-law and a friend of mine from high school. She lost her husband to cancer about a year ago Gary really wanted to get to know Thomas.) It was the first time I have actually been to Marie's home. It is beautiful! I love country decorations, primitive country, and she has it decorated that way and a lot of her stuff is from her family. I love it, did I say that yet?

It is so very hard to go to places, birthday parties etc even church sometimes when I know that couples are there and I don't have that anymore. I know Rick probably would have stayed home and not gone to Thomas' party, but he would have gone to Robbie's with me. I guess that will get better with time. I go and try to have fun, but I feel like I am in the way I guess. I hope that feeling gets better too. I don't want to depress anyone. I want to move on, Rick told me not to feel like this, but I don't know how not to.

I know I need to move on! It has been 18 weeks since he went away. I am trying. Please bear with me. I will get there, he would want that. I love you all.....

To be continued...............

No comments:

Post a Comment