Wednesday, July 21, 2010


These babies are the light of my life right now. They are so very precious. Perry Dale is pulling up to everything, he just doesn't know how to get down! October is exploring everything! She looks in every drawer and door that she can open. She is beginning to potty train. She is still not dry all night yet, but she does go in the potty and thinks that is so special, she knows what to do with it when she is done! Hopefully this will go well! She will be 2 on October 14, so I think we are a bit early, but hey if she learns now....fewer diapers to help buy! Perry Dale is beginning to eat a little table food, he likes cereal, he likes finger foods, he has 4 teeth with more coming in! He will be one October 22!

I started playing words with friends on the iPhone. It is fun, but it is also stressful! Gotta make words out of letters you are given, kind of like scrabble, and I never understood that game at all! But this is pretty fun. All my players have been waiting all day for me to respond! I managed to make "words" out of everything I was given, but sometimes I just don't see the word.

Our friend who had the heart attack is doing well. Thanks for your prayers for him.

I received a friend request today and I have no idea who this person is. We have no mutual friends, I have no idea how this person found me to request the friendship. I had to say no, I looked at her friend list, didn't know any of them. Does that happen much?

I dreamed about Rick last night. I guess it was something Brent said yesterday that made me think about him more than usual. You know, it is hard not to think about him. I had a cousin who passed away a few years ago, actually his kids are my age, we grew up together. Lewis was always so quiet. Donna and Debbie might not agree with that though, he was a very good man and is missed by many! I know they will agree with that!! I spent a lot of time with them when I was a kid. The point of this story and I was side tracked was that I stopped in to see Jean a few weeks or months after he passed away, she said they were going to sell the place and move to town. I wondered about that then, but now I completely understand. She said "every time I go around a corner I see him, every time I try to go to sleep I miss him". I didn't really understand back then, but I do now! To sort of quote Data on Star Trek the Next Generation: "my mental pathways had grown used to his visual input" -- you just can not spend 365 days a year for 25 years together and not miss the person, unless of course you didn't care about them at all! I have no plans to sell my house at this time, this place was our dream home, a country home, he was saved by God's grace out in the garden, I can see the spot every time I go outside. I can't imagine anyone else living here! But, at the same time it is very hard to be in this house, to sleep here, and not think about him. Sometimes I can almost hear him call my name, which he did quite a lot! He was so spoiled even before he became ill.

He would be so proud of the new turnout gear the fire department received. He so loved that department. He worked hard for it every time we had a fundraiser. And he would volunteer me to make chili or whatever we needed for whatever we were doing. Sometimes, he would volunteer me and I would be working. I will continue to work towards getting certified, though that fire fighter survival course will be my downfall! There is no way I will be going down a ladder head first! Or feet first for that matter!!! I don't do ladders! Scare of heights. Besides, when I respond, it is as a first responder, not as a firefighter, at least not right now....we will see!

The other day I came across a little Bible that was given to me at school many, many years ago, this passage was marked. I learned it when I was eight years old. I love the Psalms, beautiful Songs of King David! Rick was reading the Psalms when he went to the hospital the last time. He loved the Psalms too. He also loved Proverbs. He loved the Lord more!


The Holy Bible: King James Version. 2000.
The Psalms
23

The LORD Is My Shepherd
A Psalm of David.

1 The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures:

he leadeth me beside the still waters. Rev. 7.17
3 He restoreth my soul:

he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,

I will fear no evil: for thou art with me;
thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies:

thou anointest my head with oil;
my cup runneth over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life:

and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

I love you all.

To be continued.......

No comments:

Post a Comment