Saturday, July 3, 2010

Fireworks, friends, family

Well, today was eventful! Spent the morning getting car tires replaced, coming home and cooking to take food for the cookout and fireworks at Sandy and Jerry's tonight. I fixed BBQ ribs, lemon pie, pineapple pie, fudge-scotch squares, baked beans, potato salad and took a cooler of cokes. They had several salads, pies, cakes, hamburgers, hot dogs, brats, corn, bread, fixins for the burgers and dogs. WOW, so much food if anyone left hungry it was their own fault.

After dark set in good, we shot off some amazing fireworks. We had an audience from neighbors all around. October was afraid of the fireworks at first, she clung to Val, then about half way through she would say "pretty" but she still was clingy to mommy. Then just as they were finishing up, she said "pillow" meaning she wanted to go to bed. She asks to go to bed on occasion, most of the time though, she says she does not want to go to bed! PD was very afraid of the fireworks. He was clingy to Tonya. He fell asleep, the loud noise of some of them didn't phase him after he fell asleep.

Rick would have loved today, the weather was fairly nice, a little hotter though than they said it would be at first and we had a little rain shower! Where did that come from? I thought the last report I saw this morning was no rain for several days with increasing temps and humidity returning. Hum. Anyway, we had some good memories of 4th celebrations past. Rick was in the center of those memories. We looked at some pictures on Tonya's camera from 3 and 4 years ago. Rick was right there in the center of it all. Nick was right there tonight helping out. I am proud of him. He brought Brooke to meet everyone tonight. She has already met Sandy. I think she enjoyed herself.

I was sorry though about something else that was witnessed. I won't discuss it here but it saddened me. Those who were there know what it was. I wish things were different for this person. I feel bad for the parents of this person as well. I know this person was raised differently. It is sad to see.

I am grateful to God for all the friends and family he has placed in my life. They helped me get through a very difficult day today with few tears. I know God has a plan and I will know what that plan is when HE is ready to reveal it to me.

The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble. (Psalm 9:9-10)

And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
(Revelation 21:4 KJV)

and:
1 The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures:

he leadeth me beside the still waters. Rev. 7.17
3 He restoreth my soul:

he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,

I will fear no evil: for thou art with me;
thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies:

thou anointest my head with oil;
my cup runneth over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life:


and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever. (Psalm 23)


Have I said I love the Psalms? I love the Songs of King David! There is so much wisdom in the Psalms! Rick had just finished reading the Psalms when the tumor was diagnosed, that may be why I love them so.....

When the Lord is ready to reveal to us the reason for our loss, He will do just that. Right now I struggle to remember He is in control, He alone knows what is best for all of us. Rick always said he would be blessed to make it to 60. He has said that since I first knew him. I believe he knew the summer before because of all the things he did to "get ready" for something. He made plans to take care of me even after he was gone. Sometime I may post about all the things he did before the tumor was found. But for now, goodnight everyone, I love you all.

To be continued.......................

No comments:

Post a Comment