Tuesday, July 2, 2013

28 years today

This was my view on my way home from work last night. The picture does not do it justice the way the sun was shining from behind that cloud was almost majestic. I don't know how you can see something like that and not believe in God!

This was my view on my way to work yesterday morning. This is at the end of my driveway. I haven't seen water coming over the road like that but once since we redid the driveway back in 1998. Remember all that water Norma? 


This was the same area just in front of me and the "new" way out. I used to have to cross all that water every time it rained more than a .5 inch at a time and last night when I got home, I emptied 4 inches of water from my rain gauge.


28 years ago today I was Myra James engaged to Rick Sanders. My neighbors and co-workers thought he was way too old for me. I was 26 years old. He was 37. I met him the October before. I knew I would marry him the day I met him. I really didn't see the age difference. When I take care of a patient the born the same year as Rick, I see someone older than me. I really didn't see him that way.  If you have read this blog, you know that story- or most of it. 28 years ago to day would be my last day with the last name of James. Now here I am 28 years later still a Sanders. Many people including some family said it would never last and there were a few times I wondered but we always managed to work through our problems. Sometimes I have wishes that things were different.  I know in everything there is a plan. I just don't know what that plan is for me right now.

When you go to pray, I ask you to remember a friend (and her  mother and brothers) whose mother has been diagnosed with cancer in her lung, liver and rib. She is a good woman and I have only gotten to know her this past year or so. I have always known of her, but never really spent much time with her until her daughter married and moved into our community. I (as many others) feel we have always known our friend and her family is precious to us. We ask for you to remember them in your prayers. God knows all about it and knows the situation. 

     Philippians 4
Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice.
Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand.
Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.
19 But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
20 Now unto God and our Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen
I love all y'all
To be continued........

No comments:

Post a Comment