Wednesday, July 3, 2013

The very best memories!

Today would have been the 28 year anniversary of being married to Rick. I won't tell you that our life together was all roses because it wasn't. But it was our life together. When I said "I do" I meant it. For better or worse, richer or poorer. And we had a lot of all of it. Good, bad, certainly poorer! There's a story about before Val was born ALL we had to eat was a couple bullion cubes, onion flakes and 3 or 4 taters. I made tater soup. Rick, in his infinite wisdom, decided it needed more pepper. He added so much pepper we couldn't eat it! Needless to say, we went to moms for a few days! And especially our last several years we had the riches of a happy home. While we had trials for sure, those last several years Rick had The Lord in his heart and it was our best years together. Remember richer doesn't necessarily mean financially! For our 24th anniversary, he bought me the frame in the picture below. For our 25th anniversary, we planned to renew our vows in front of our friends and family. God, however, needed Rick more than I. He took him home just shy of 4 months from that 25th anniversary. 
It's ok though because God knows what He needs and our needs and He has and will take care of us. And though I miss Rick everyday, I miss him more on those anniversary of's. 

So for this day I will not cry it away. I will remember the good times. The times of joy. The times our home was full of family and friends at one of our dinners. The children growing up. The times it was just us here. The times Tobi would be here. She was certainly papaw's girl just like her mommy was daddy's girl. Both had Rick wrapped around their little finger. 
Valarie was almost 5 in the photo; Nick was about 2 months old. 

Papaw and "T-T-T Tobers". Can you tell she was his world?!  He doesn't look like that in just a few months he would be diagnosed with a brain tumor and would be gone in less than a year does he?! Please remember life is short at best and tell those you love how you feel. Better still, show them how you feel. Then they will know! The only thing that I can think of that would have made our last years better would have been to have found Ricks son Greg. We tried to find him that last summer. So glad he found us! No regrets though. No what ifs. God didn't intend it any other way!

Our family circle may be broken now, but one day it will be complete once again!

If I could go back and do it all over again I would not hesitate!

I love all y'all! ❤
To be continued......

No comments:

Post a Comment