Sunday, October 16, 2011

Where to start!

This has been a long, difficult week. There have been several obstacles in my path. Sometimes, I don't know how to clear them. Last Wednesday night at prayer meeting, last night at church and today at church, then again tonight at church things that were said by the preachers were just so tied together. I have been hiding my light under a bushel for quite a while. I am trying to let it shine, it is just so hard sometimes. I know that it is there, I just let it hide for almost 2 years now. I know how to get back where I was, I just need to get off my seat and do it.

Have you ever listened to the words of the songs we sing in Church? I don't mean learn the words....I mean really listen to the words, hear the meaning of the words, not just sing them? For years I did just that. I liked the songs, learned the songs, just never really payed attention to the words, what the song is saying.......such as:
in Amazing Grace --
"when we've been there ten thousand years bright shining as the sun we've no less days to sing God's praise than when we first begun.
"
Oh, I know one way to look at it is that when we get to Heaven it will be a never ending day.....another way to look at it is while we have been there ten thousand years all the souls who did not choose to trust in Him, who never were saved, will be in that awful place ten thousand years too....and it will be as they just begun too. And what if I failed to do or say something that might have helped just one person to trust Him and escape that awful place. It is an awesome responsibility that we, as Christians, have to hold up the ways of God in front of others so that we might help one person who might have otherwise been down that broad road of destruction instead of that narrow way. Brother Steven used to say "pray til you pray" and I can honestly say I have not done that in a long time.

Matthew 5:13-16

King James Version (KJV)

13Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.

14Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

15Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.

16Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Today it was said if something was in our way that kept us from reaching power with God, then we needed to get that something out of our way. I need to work on that. I will work on that.

It is just a little over 2 weeks until November arrives. Remember, I suggest that we post something as our status from November 1 until Thanksgiving Day that we are thankful for. I am thinking about it. I will remind you again.

I love all y'all!
To be continued..........

No comments:

Post a Comment