Wednesday, October 12, 2011

One of those long days........

Yesterday was meeting day, and I started and turned around and came back home, just didn't feel well. Today I got up, got dressed and was going to meet my sister in law at her appointment. Nick came in just as I was about to go and needed to go to the ER. He has been having symptoms that look like it's his gall bladder for 2 or 3 years (or more). Today, he went in and that is what it is, so he has an appointment next Wednesday with Dr. Wierson at the clinic. Don't know a surgery date yet, but I don't think it will be too long. He has been hurting, and I can tell you that is pain that is difficult to take. I thought labor would be bad, it didn't compare to gall bladder pain! At least with labor, you get a baby out of it.

So, in 2 days October Rose Suttle will be 3 years old! I can't believe it! She talks like she is a big girl. She knows so many words! She does like to pinch now. She likes to bite too!



October Rose (Tobi) at a few days old



Tobi, Papaw and Mommy on her first birthday.



Tobi last night. She was gonna sleep with Gamma, but decided
to go to her own bed. She just wanted to play.

She has grown so much! She is definitely not a baby anymore! Just ask her, she will tell you she is a big girl! I will never forget her first Christmas. She spent Christmas eve with us, she slept right beside me in her playpen, I slept on the couch. At midnight, I was talking it over with the Lord and He promised he would save her when her time came if I hold Him up. I am trying my best to do that. I fail at it, and He forgives me. That baby is so precious. Last night I patted her tummy. I asked her what was there, she said sugar, I asked her whose it was, she said Papaw's. I doubt she can remember him, she was just 6 weeks older than the middle picture when the tumor was diagnosed and 17 months old when he died. But she will see his picture and say "that's my papaw". So sweet.

Please remember Rick's family in your prayers. His sisters and brother lost their only remaining Sanders Aunt this week. Her funeral is Friday at Patton's. Her name was Inez Parsley. She was a sweet heart. Rick loved her very much! When Carlos was in the hospital with his aneurysm surgery and we didn't know if he would make it, she was right there, though, she wasn't in the best of health. When Carlos came home with the lung cancer, she and Delta (another sister who died just before Rick and is buried a plot or two from him) came to see him. He had coffee with them and a long talk earlier in the day of the day he died.

Tonight I will leave you with this:
Psalms 13:5-6
But I have trusted in thy mercy; my heart shall rejoice in thy salvation.
I will sing unto the LORD, because He hath dealt bountifully with me.
19 days to Halloween, 43 days to Thanksgiving, 73 days until Christmas AND 2 days to the second weekend of WVFD Hay ride and Haunted House! Bet you thought I forgot......

Y'all have a blessed rest of the week. remember each other in prayer. remember those who have lost loved ones, those who have loved ones in the hospital with minor AND major illnesses, remember those who just need our prayers. I know I need the prayers of those I love........

I love all y'all!
To be continued............

No comments:

Post a Comment