Saturday, October 8, 2011

October is well underway!

The first week of October is already gone, we are in the second week already! I can hardly believe it! It has been quite a year! Still a lot on our plate, but it's getting closer. Hopefully some things will be put to rest.

The WVFD hay ride and haunted house started last night. Seemed to have a decent turnout for the first weekend. I had to work, and next weekend I will also work on Friday and we have church on the weekend. I doubt I will have much time to be there. On Sunday the 16th we begin taking turns bringing the preacher and his wife/family to our homes. I get to go first. :) Have no idea what I will fix, but I am sure it will be OK! Everyone will bring food too, so there should be ample food to eat! We always enjoyed having people come home with us. Rick always loved it. He wanted to cook fish all the time. He was good at it too! The next weekend after that, I work again, then I will be off on Saturday night for the last one. Don't know if I will be helping out with it or not. We will see I guess.

Last night I got to spend some time with someone who just moved into our neighborhood. I've known her for several years just as an acquaintance so to speak, but over the past few months have gotten to know her better and I can call her my friend now--not that I couldn't before mind you, but I know her a bit better. We talked for quite a while last night. She has been though some difficult experiences, but as He always does, God has opened some marvelous doors for her and she walked through them and it is awesome! It is wonderful to sit back and watch God work in peoples lives and know that they know it is from Him and watch them be so thankful for what He has granted them! I love it! It warms my heart to see that and to be a part of it, albeit from the sidelines for some of it, but it is wonderful to watch and feel! And believe me, when you see God working in someone's life and you see and feel and see that they are aware of what is happening and you can see the gratitude--how it beams from them--it is amazing and you know that God is an awesome presence. If we just let Him, He will lead us in every aspect of our lives. But we have to let Him lead us! We have to be willing to turn it all over to Him! Something we, as human beings have some degree of difficulty! I have a lot of work to do in that aspect of my life! I am working on it, I just have a ways to go!
Psalm 37:5
5Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.
I love the Psalms! The songs of King David! There are some beautiful messages in the Psalms! Please remember to mention each other in prayer, remember the ones who have lost loved ones and the ones who have loved ones in serious/critical condition. Love each other, be kind, and please let those you love know that you do love them. You never know when it will be your last time to see them.

I love all y'all!
To be continued...........

No comments:

Post a Comment