Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The tree is down for another year......

I bought these stars back in the summer and had never put them anywhere, so when we took the tree down today I put them up where I had a home interior print for the past 12 years. I think I like them there, I used the 3M command hooks to hang them, so if I decide I don't like them there, I can move them!

In many ways I am glad Christmas is over. I love the holiday, I love what it means. But this was a sad Christmas. Last year was a sad Christmas because we feared it would be our last with Rick, and that came to pass. This year was sad because it was our first without him. He wasn't much for holidays but he did love Christmas because of what it represents. He also got a kick out of making me wait until we were at mom's to get what he had for me for Christmas. He never wanted anything except socks and underwear....really! He always got more but that was what he always asked for.

In 25 days it will be the one year anniversary of Rick's last trip to the hospital. One phone call to 911 for an ambulance to take him to the ER and with in minutes we had a house full of help! He never came back home after that. He wanted to. He tried so hard to be able to. He was just too weak. I will never forget March 4. That Thursday he was so awake, breathing better and told me he wanted to come home. Oh, how I wish I could have made that happen. But it wasn't meant to be. We did have a good day though, and I will always cherish that day for as long as I can remember it. And even right now as I write this, that still small voice keeps reminding me He knows what He is doing and His plans are not meant to harm us, and it says "trust Me!" And I continue to! I do, it is just that I am human, and humans forget so He has to remind me!

It is quickly approaching the end of 2010! I hope the year 2011 holds many, many blessings for all of you my dear friends and family.

I love you all!

To be continued.............

No comments:

Post a Comment