Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Miss Tobi Rose is feeling much better and full of herself!

Tonight when I was on my way home after a dreadful day at work, Val calls me and tells me Tobi is still up and is so excited. She wants to scare gamma when I get home from work. I pull in and get out of the car. Next, as I am walking up to the house I hear squeals coming from inside. She can't wait for me to open the door. The excitement is so wonderful to hear!

I opened the door and went in. I hear Val telling her, "shhh, Gamma is in the house, she will hear you" - then I hear "giggles, squeals, more giggles!" As I go around the corner towards my bedroom, I hear "Boo!" and she runs up to me with those little arms out! I screamed like I had been frightened to death. She was laughing so hard. It was so wonderful. Just a few days ago, she wasn't running anywhere! I am so very glad she is feeling better. She will be on antibiotics for a total of 10 days from the day she came home, but it is worth it.

I can not believe Christmas is in 3 days, well actually in about forty minutes, it will only be 2 days! I love Christmas and was making it pretty well until today, I ran into an old friend who I see several times a month. She works in a different department and different schedule. I have known her since she was born. She asked me how I was doing with the holidays. Tears came automatically. I told her I am OK, and I am. I just miss him. I miss him so very much. Some people say where I can hear but kind of like I am not supposed to hear that it is no different from divorced couples. Well, I can't speak to the divorce aspect of it; but, I can speak to being a widow. In divorce at least the absent spouse is still alive. (Some may wish otherwise--but in reality if they were really actually to die, they would feel very guilty I would think!) I had another friend suggest that I date. She saw by the look on my face I guess that wasn't in my plans.

I hope each and everyone has a wonderful Christmas, and please remember the reason for the season!

I love y'all!

To be continued...............

No comments:

Post a Comment