Saturday, December 18, 2010

Poor baby did so well with surgery.....

Our little Miss Tobi has now done something some people my age have never done......been to surgery. During report this morning my phone rings, I answer it and it is Valarie, crying telling me Tobi has to go to surgery in just a few minutes! I guess I didn't realize that it might go forward but it did, and they took her back before I could get up there. I called the house supervisor who got someone (Misty is a lifesaver!) to come take my patients while I went to check on little miss. She came back to her room about an hour later fretting a little and very sleepy. By this evening, her voice was stronger and she was wanting to get out of bed and wander around. And that is exactly what we did. She and I took a long walk down the hall on both sides of her floor, down towards the opposite end, then down to the first floor from one end to the other, then I had to carry her back to her room while pushing her IV pole! WOW! She was making up for lost time! She had really been in bed or on the couch for 3 days without playing or anything in all that time and Tobi is a very active child. Her little legs were so wobbly she was walking like she had rubber for legs but she wanted to do it herself! That is the sweetest baby ever! I do miss her brother and her so much. Little man is at his great-grandmothers until Tobi is home. I am sure he has not a clue what is going on!

I would like to thank everyone for all their thoughts and prayers, comments on facebook, "likes" on facebook, anything you did to assist in any way and to the staff of 5C, Private Referral, CT, and surgery/recovery I also say thanks for taking such good care of my baby granddaughter!

I love y'all! So many good friends, don't know what we would do without you!

One more thing, please don't forget the Reason for the Season!

To be continued..............

No comments:

Post a Comment