Sunday, April 28, 2013

It's been a strange day

For the past couple of weeks I have been having what I believe are esophageal spasms again. It was about this time last year when I had a similar feeling. Can't believe it's been a year already but it has. The spasm is so intense it causes chest tightness with jaw and arm aching. I had a left heart cath (heart artery dye test) last April that didn't show any blockages. I had the cath because of an abnormal EKG and these same symptoms. I am pretty well worn out quite easily and pretty short of breath at rest tonight. Having a hard time understanding this. Heart arteries don't block in one year especially in non diabetics. I'm faithful taking my meds and use my CPAP every night. A short time ago I was in the living room with Nick & Austin. I felt like I was gonna faint. I could hear Nick but really didn't know if I was answering him or not. It happened when I was about to stand up. I'm ok from that now but really didn't like how it made me feel. I am not considering going to the ER at this point. Right this second the only thing I feel is very very winded. I know I have a form if congestive heart failure called diastolic dysfunction which means my heart pumps the right amount if blood with each heartbeat but it beats faster and works harder than it should to do that. Under active thyroid is one cause. I take a synthroid pill every morning without fail.

I'm supposed to work Monday and Tuesday. At this point tonight, I don't know if I can go in tomorrow. I can't if I don't get to feeling better! Friday was very rough. I had a lot of shortness of breath and I found myself leaning on bed rails and walls to catch my breath. I kept up with my work and would have asked for help if I couldn't.

I will be ok. I will tell Dr Lin and Dr Avula about this and see what they think. Probably should have done that already.

The picture is my snowball bush. It was on the place when we bought it 22 years ago. Those now green balls of blooms will soon turn white. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment