Thursday, April 18, 2013

A little update

The interview went very well. The job I actually placed the job interest form for will likely be filled 'internally' from within the department. However, a different job came open on Monday in the same department that would be a bit better suited to me. It's called Case Manager. It's reviewing information and keeping insurance updated on progress as well as many other responsibilities. And it's in CCU (but under another department- not CCU if that makes sense). I would actually rather have that job; and interviewed for it yesterday. It would be on the job training. It takes a while to learn, but I'm certain I could. And it's no weekends no holidays Monday through Friday. The director had me go over to human resources to discuss what the pay would be and if the job is offered, I will take it. I am certainly making it working 12's now but it's getting more stressful on me physically. I'm exhausted and spent on my days off. I think it will be a good move for many reasons and the last 15-20 years of my work can be at a different pace. All but 3 or 4 years of almost 35 years had been at the bedside. Many many people retire with less time. I'm not old enough. And too poor! (Can't even consider drawing retirement for about 15 more years). So the gist is if they will have me I'm leaving bedside nursing. It's bitter-sweet. I have tears, fears, even guilt for thinking if leaving. But I have to put my health first. And I've been praying for something and here it is. How can I turn it away when it's so obviously an answered prayer.

Matthew 7:7
Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: (Matthew 7:7 KJV)

I love all y'all❤
To be continued....


No comments:

Post a Comment