Friday, May 11, 2012

A letter from 1987

Today while I was cleaning up some things and going through some papers I came across a letter I had written to Rick when he was in Massachusetts before I moved up there with him. He wasn't much on writing to me, but I did write to him. He kept the letters. I thought they were gone when the old Clifford house burned but one of the kids had found this one after Rick died and brought it in the house. I didn't know it was in here. I read it, it didn't really say a lot, just telling him how much I missed him and I would be glad when we would be back together and all the things Valarie was doing. She was 16 months old when the letter was written. I cried when I found it, I opened it and just smiled. He told me so many times over the years to move on with my life if he died first. He told me more than once after the tumor was found not to cry for him. I just can't help it sometimes. I miss him. I smelled his cologne again last night. I don't even have any of it here now. I do still have his phone on and I still call it to hear his voice.

I think this is all for tonight. I will ask again for prayers for our friends who are sick and those who just need prayers......I think we could all use prayers from those we love, I know I can!

I love all y'all...
To be continued..............
“And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.” Ephesians 4:32 KJV

No comments:

Post a Comment