Monday, May 14, 2012

Facebook posts

I saw a Facebook post tonight that said something like "I want to restart my life" -- I don't! I am basically happy with my life. I really am. I do wish there was a different outcome 2 years 2 1/2 months ago but I don't want to go back and redo elementary school. I definitely don't want to go back and redo high school, LPN school or WKU! I don't want to go back and relive the mistakes that are part of who I am today and part of how I have been able to deal with losing my husband. In a little less than 2 months, Rick and I would have been married 27 years. We didn't get make it to 25, God took him home a little less than 4 months from that milestone and I likely will never get to celebrate that milestone of 25 years married to your soul mate. Cherish it. It is precious. Cherish each other while you have each other. Yes, you argue and maybe "fight". Everyone does. But you make up. You go on and grow because of it. You don't go to divorce court over it. You give a little, the other one gives a little -- or not and you get used to it. You said "I do" for a reason.

I don't want a "do over" or a start over or to relive anything. No regrets. Everything is as it was meant to be. There are trials in our lives for reasons we were not meant to understand here. Remember Jeremiah 29:11. He does not put these things in front of us to harm us. Also remember the book of Daniel, the 3 men in the fire --> the fourth man in the fire! Their faith saved them. They believed God would deliver them and "even if" they were not delivered from the fire, they would be delivered from the king. In one way or another, God would deliver them. And He did. Read it!

I love the Psalms! "The songs of King David".
Psalm 90:17 "And let the beauty of the Lord our God be upon us: and establish thou the work of our hands upon us; yea, the work of our hands establish thou it." (KJV)
That is all for tonight. I love all y'all.
To be continued.................

No comments:

Post a Comment