Thursday, May 10, 2012

It's just me

We had our scheduled AACN Chapter meeting (group of critical care nurses) tonight. We had an event tonight that really turned out well. Our chapter made a little money and a great topic was presented by a great speaker. We hope to have her back. Awesome group of young women who got it together for us too. They did an awesome job! We had our officer election for the next fiscal year as well-- it's more of who will volunteer for the work for the next two years....but we only meet every other month so it's not too bad. 

It has been a long week. My last post was on Livvy's birthday. I worked Monday, it was my first day back after being off 3 weeks. It just about whipped me. Tuesday I had balloon pump call, guess what. We had two so I went in. Wednesday was a scheduled day to work, I try not to work Wednesdays so I can go to prayer meeting. Sometimes it doesn't work out. Wednesday was busy too. I still gotta go in Saturday. I had switched that day with Rindy weeks and weeks ago. Her son is a senior and that is some activity for him. Prom maybe......I know she needs to be there though. Your baby is only a high school senior once. 

Picked up my thyroid medicine today. I can't run out of that again, ever. Turns out that hypothyroid (low thyroid levels) can contribute to the heart problem I have. I was without it for a while. I really didn't expect that. I won't let that happen again. Now one time without it likely didn't cause the problem, it is likely that combined with many other risk factors for it and how long it took to diagnose the low thyroid problem to begin with. I had symptoms for 2 or 3 years before the blood work indicated I need thyroid replacement. I just had no idea it would contribute to diastolic dysfunction. I do know now however, and I won't run out again. And I will take my bystolic every day. And a follow up ECHO in August or November (Dr Avula said 3-6 months) and I will be in his office in August for follow-up. I don't want progression of this to heart failure. There are other things I can do to help and I intend to do those too. I don't like being so short of breath and no energy. So I am making sacrifices and life changes to accomplish this goal. I will update you as it goes.

I love all y'all
To be continued....

“For I know the plans I have for you. Plan to prosper you and not to harm you, plan to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment