Thursday, March 24, 2011

I intend to keep posting here as well as the new blog

Today I had an idea for a new blog. I don't know how long it will last, but it is just about stuff, recipes and whatever, with a couple of links to sites I like. If you are interested, you can access it on my regular blog page. I think it is fun, at least so far.

This blog has been an outlet for my feelings for quite some time now. I do cry when I write and I do cry when I re-read it. I don't write it to cause anyone else to cry, but especially if you know us, you most likely will. Not every post will make you cry, but the majority will. I think you will not need the Kleenex box close by tonight.

Today, I was looking at my flowers, and seeing what was blooming, what was coming up etc. Rick always loved the flowers and left that to me. HaHa. He had the green thumb, not me! So I have this patch of wild flowers that have been here since long before I was ever in Wingfield and I was looking at what was there and found this small nest. It is very close to the ground, about 3 inches or so above it and it is about 3 inches in diameter. I have no idea what kind of nest it is. I think it is too big to be a hummingbird nest, and they are not even here yet. But they will be soon. Anyway, if anyone knows what this belongs to, please let me know! One cousin thought it might be a wren, a friend thought it might be a sparrow. If Mr. Smith was still alive, he would know! I miss him.

I love spring! I don't love these "winters" we have to go through though. I think this one is redbud winter and/or dogwood winter. The redbuds here are in full bloom and the dogwoods are budding. We have Easter squall, linen britches and blackberry winters still to go as well, there may be more, I just can't think of them all right now! And Easter is late this year, April 24 to be exact. So that means we can still have snow and freezing rain and I really hate that. Easter is never on the same day! It is determined by some ancient calendar where they take the first Sunday after the first full moon after March 21st. So if the moon is full March 19 for example it will be 4 more weeks until we have Easter. And let's remember the reason for the Easter season!

I will go for now.....
I love y'all!
To be continued.....................
Remember:

John 3:16 (King James Version)

16For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

No comments:

Post a Comment