Thursday, March 10, 2011

Making a difference

If you know me, then you know how much I love all the Star Trek movies, series etc. Tonight there is a Star Trek marathon on SyFy again. I love it. I love to watch Star Trek every time it is on. Rick hated it, but he could watch The Next Generation a little and knew who most of the regular characters were. He didn't like to admit it though. Anyway, I am watching the Generations movie and Picard and Kirk are talking about making a difference. It got me to thinking about that very subject.

I want to make a difference in peoples lives. I do. I want to make a difference in my kids lives, my grandchildrens lives, my co-workers lives, my friends lives, my patients and their families lives. That is one of the main reasons I became a nurse was to help people. And to do that we have to make a difference. However small or large that difference is, we have to make a difference. I want to make a difference in the lives of everyone I come into contact with in some way. I want that difference to be positive.

In my kids lives I want to be an example to them of the right things to do. I want to show them by doing, not by telling them. I have been lacking in this lately.

In my grandchildrens lives I want the same thing. I want them to know the Lord when it is time for that, I want them to understand what it means to serve Him.

In my co-workers and patients lives I want them to feel like I have helped them in some way. If in the case of my patients, I want them to feel better at the end of my shift than they did when I met them in the morning. I want my co-workers to feel like I have helped them in some positive way at the end of our shift together. I don't think I have been acting much like that the past few weeks. Time to make it better. I want my patients families to feel like I have helped their loved one during our time together. I want the new nurses and the student nurses I come in contact with to feel like I have taught them something during our time together. I want them to part from me feeling like our time was productive.

I want my friends to know that I love them and I would help them with anything that I possibly could. I want them to know they can come to me for anything and if I can manage it, I will help. I want them to feel like I love them, and that they know all they gotta do is make me aware of whatever it is and I will help if I possibly can. I want to remember them when I pray. I want to be remembered when they pray, and I am. I can feel that.

And I want to be ready to do the next right thing whatever and whenever that is.

I also want my Lord to know how much I love and depend on Him to see me through this life. And He has and He does daily. I could live strictly for Him every second of every minute of every hour of every day for the rest of my life, live to be 120 years old and could never repay Him for his generosity to me. He is so merciful to me and my family. I love the Lord with all my heart. I want to serve Him in my life every day. I want those who come into contact with me to see that I live for Him without my having to say a word. I was there once and I know how to get back to that. I have been somewhat lax in that area of late. I have been somewhat distracted.

Time is a companion that goes with us on a journey. It reminds us to cherish each moment, because it will never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we have lived.
I want to live each day with no regrets. I don't want to have to wonder if I did the right thing. I want it to be an automatic response. The above quote has a lot to say too. It is a quote from the Star Trek Generations movie. Captain Picard said it near the end of the movie. I want to live each day in service to my Lord. I want to be ready to help someone if they come in our doors and want help, I have so many family I would love to see there with me.

I love y'all.
To be continued............



No comments:

Post a Comment