Wednesday, March 16, 2011

March Lilies are blooming

Butter cups or Ranunculus
March Lilies or Jonquils or Narcissus

March Lilies also known as jonquils or Narcissus are in bloom now. I love March lilies. They are a sure sign spring is near! And they are blooming all over the place. I have several varieties and they are coming up and some are in full bloom. There are some that will bloom in a few weeks from now as well. I love them! Most of the ones here are native to this property.

This time of year also means it won't be long til people will be getting their gardens ready. We would be preparing to plant potatoes as soon as it would be dry enough by now.

Hyacinthus are blooming as well. They are not native to this farm, but I did plant a few. They spread like wildfire! Then there is that orange flower that grows wild around here that resembles a tiger lily but it is not! They are pretty flowers but they invade everything around them!

I also noticed my lilac bush, poor thing, is beginning to bud. I hope it lives. The Bradford pear is also trying to bloom. I hope these flowers and trees are not getting too big for their britches! Easter is late this year, and it can still frost on past Easter! Rick's rose bush got run over by accident. I hope it comes out of it. He bought it, it was so puny. It was like a Charlie Brown tree. then it just started growing and growing and blooms until frost! And if I could grow a forsythia, I would be pretty happy! I have never been able to get one to grow! And I love the yellow flowers!

My magnolia tree is growing again too! I hope the cold didn't hurt it too bad. It needs some coffee and vinegar for a while. The red buds need that too. I also hope the cicadas don't hurt too much! Rumor has it they will be bad this year.

John 3:16

16For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

We are getting close to Easter, just a month or so away. Please take time to remember what this season means. This time of year is a reminder of what our Lord did for us. He was whipped with such cruelty, led to a hill called Golgotha carrying the cross that he would hang on, was nailed to the cross and died for us. This season is not about cute bunnies, hunting eggs, or any other thing we all do, it is about the One who died for us. Let us remember Him and honor Him. Now, I am not knocking hunting eggs or having Easter celebrations. Just remember why we have the season, that is all! Hey, I am the first one to hunt eggs! My house is already decorated for Easter! Cute bunnies and chicks and all! I even have a couple of Easter trees as well as dish towels with cute bunnies........

I love y'all!
To be continued.............


No comments:

Post a Comment