Monday, March 14, 2011

RIP friend

One of the first things I learned this morning was that a friend from work had lost her battle with cancer. I really hate that disease. It has taken so many people that I know and love. I really wish someone somewhere would discover/invent a cure for it. There are really so many kinds of it that I guess a cure would be nearly impossible. But maybe one day there will be a cure found.

My prayer is that Michelle's family finds peace and comfort in the coming weeks. All the feelings they will experience will become part of who they are in the coming months. I don't know her husband at all, but I know how he feels right now. I pray her husband and son find comfort from the One who can grant it.

As you go through your week, please remember them in prayer.

I also ask you to sit down and think about your last checkup. Is it time for it again? Cancer is something that can sneak up on you before you even know you have it. Remember, Rick's was a stage IV when it was found. There are only IV stages. There were such few and vague symptoms........get your checkup for yourself and for those who love you. You won't regret it. Just because you don't know doesn't mean it can't hurt you! As fast as it took Rick, had he not gone to the ER that day would I have taken him later? Would I or one of the kids have found him dead? Even though he could not be cured and Michelle could not be cured, they found out about and fought their cancer. Many people find out about and fight cancer every day. And they win. Early detection is the key. Please get checked! Ladies get your mammogram and pap tests and colonoscopies if they are due, guys, get your PSA's and colonoscopies too.....lets keep you around and healthy!

Love y'all!
To be continued...............
1Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: 2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. 3 And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; 4 And patience, experience; and experience, hope: 5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us Romans 5:1-5

No comments:

Post a Comment