Monday, June 17, 2013

It's a new day!

It is a lovely day outside. It is a bit warm, so far the humidity isn't hurting me this morning. I have been awake since about 5am. Seems like that is a normal wake time for me anymore. It's already getting light out by that time. Did you know we are coming up on the longest day of the year? Well, we are. Yes, I know each day has 24 hours..... the longest day means the day with the longest amount of sunlight. Then after a few days, the sun will begin rising a minute later here, setting a minute earlier there until we are back in the fall/winter pattern with "shorter" days.

It is a new day. If you decide you need to do something, then do it. It you change your mind, then change it. Do what you feel you need to do. If you decide you are not happy with your choices, and your choices involve someone else, and you decide you don't want to be part of that someone else's life anymore, then you forfeit your rights to have a say in that person's life anymore. If that person makes bad or stupid choices, that is on them not you. If you regret sending the other person away, they may be too hurt by things you said or did to want to continue. You might think you didn't do anything wrong, maybe you did, maybe you didn't. What you need to do is figure out what you want and make it known. Remember, the grass may look much greener on the other side. Sometimes when we get over there, we find it's just artificial turf. Sometimes when we get across that fence, it's much too high to get back over and we are stuck. Then, we either have to dig our way back across, or move on.

I love my grandbabies. I love my kiddos. The kiddos are grown but no matter what they do or where they go, they will always be my kids. Mine and Ricks. We likely made many mistakes while we were raising them. But, guess what? Those were our mistakes to make. We did the best we could at the time with the information we had. I am grateful both my children found the Lord. Neither of them go to church like they should, but hey, neither do I. I can't fuss at them for that, I should be an example and let them make their own choices. I have a difficult time going to church at Miller Hill. I love the church and the people there, but it's still hard to be there because it was the last place I saw Rick. I know it has been 3 years 3 months since he left. There is no way for you to know how it feels until you have to go through it and sadly, half of us will know. I hope its many, many years before you have to know how it feels. Please don't judge me for it. If I feel bad in the least way, I sometimes use it as an excuse not to go. I did that yesterday and missed homecoming. And I will answer for that. No one else will answer for my not going but me. Sometimes I feel like giving up and not going anywhere at all. Then I remember Christmas Eve about midnight 2008 when October Rose was just 2 months old and the promise I got that night. So, I must do something. I will just have to decide what to do and where it will be.

Please remember my Uncle Wade in your prayers. They were told yesterday that unless a miracle happens, he will not survive. And remember his brothers and sisters. They are saddened at the distance between them. He is in Arizona and will not be brought back here.
Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name Jah, and rejoice before him. A father of the fatherless, and a judge of the widows, is God in his holy habitation. Psalm 68:4-5 KJV
I hope y'all have a blessed day! Enjoy it!
I love all y'all!
To be continued...............

And just in case you were wondering:


190 days until Christmas!



136 days until Halloween!



164 days until Thanksgiving!


No comments:

Post a Comment