Wednesday, June 5, 2013

It's a beautiful day!

This past weekend has been somewhat stressful. Nick and Janna have split and he has been grieving the loss. He is beside himself and at a loss of what to do next. They were to be married soon. I hope and pray that the right, intended outcome prevails. 


He is seeing the beauty in the day and has changed his attitude about a lot of things the past few days. All for the better I might add. 

And it is a beautiful day by the way! Not too hot- wish it would stay this way; but, alas, this is KY and soon we will be in smothering heat and humidity. Such is life in summer in KY! Wouldn't want to live anywhere else! 

Another point if stress these past few days is my Uncle Wade. A few weeks ago, he underwent aortic valvuloplasty. A big word for ballooning a stenotic or hardened aortic valve that won't open or close properly. The other choice is AVR- aortic valve replacement that requires "open heart surgery" for valve replacement. This is a common procedure but it can be quite difficult with many complications. He had the surgery on Friday and talk about complications! he's had them. He needs a permanent pacemaker (not uncommon for this surgery) and his kidneys are needing much help to clean his blood. Yesterday his new valve failed requiring him to undergo a second major operation in less than a week. He came through that and we are hopeful for a full recovery at this time. Please keep him in your prayers. 

Last night I tried making homemade saltines. Yes, they were a success!! See the link to that blog to the left of this post.  There is also homemade white bread and buns posted there. Yum! I was actually hoping the crackers would somehow help the heartburn!  

Heartburn. Boo. That's something I suffered for years with in the late 1990's and had fixed in January 2000. The past 24 hours has reminded me a little of that. I have this esophageal burning. No real reflux that I can feel yet but that burn is there. I've restarted Pepcid and hope it gets rid if it! 

The above drawing is a Wikipedia picture of the Nissen Fundoplication  I had in 2000, a necessary but very painful procedure I never want to experience again! Hopefully this is all stress related and will be resolved without medical intervention!! 

I love all y'all! ❤
To be continued......

No comments:

Post a Comment