Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Twenty seven years ago.....

Twenty seven years ago this month my first child was born. Does not seem like she should be almost 27 but she is. Now with 3 kids of her own, she sees how quickly time flies too. 27 years ago right about now I was so bored! I had been on bedrest since the Monday after Thanksgiving. I was bored to tears almost. Shew! There was nothing to do but watch TV. I wasn't allowed out of bed except to go to the bathroom. Every time I stood up, my feet would swell. First thing in the morning, my ankles would be normal. All I had to do was stand and I had 4+ pitting edema. Now for you non-nurse friends, that means I was very swollen! The only thing that kept me from having toxemia of pregnancy was there was no protein from my kidneys. My blood pressure was OK. She had been due December 30. She did not arrive until January 14. I still tease her she was two and a half weeks late being born and she has never been on time for anything. She does not find that funny. I do. I remember there being snow when we came home from the hospital. And when she was two weeks old, the space shuttle Challenger exploded. I was feeding her when it happened. I cried. I was already upset, not being able to nurse her- she was taking her first bottle. She had cried most of the night, being 10 pounds 5 1/4 ounces and 22 inches long, she was a big girl and hungry. I love C-sections!

I feel so old. I guess we are as old as we feel, and tonight thinking about how old she is, I feel old!

I want to know who turned off the heat? Man it is cold outside and getting colder! Low 20's tonight! I kinda hope for call tomorrow. I have an extra shift this week. I will be OK without it!!

I think this is all for tonight. I hope y'all have a great rest of the week! Remember those who need you to in your prayers! There are many who need our prayers, me included.

I love all y'all!
To be continued........
Just me, Myra
“So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom.” Psalm 90:12 KJV

1 comment: