Monday, February 25, 2013

Sad day

It's been a few days since my last post and a lot has happened. Ricks Uncle Danny Elmore passed away suddenly without warning Friday night. They were at a birthday dinner for Aunt Erma sitting at the table. He just fell over without a sound. Without a word. No time for good bye. Nothing! Chris and Charity were there and immediately began CPR. It was already too late. He was gone. They worked on him until EMS got there and EMS took him to the ER. He did not make it. It does serve to remind us that life can be so short- gone in an instant and we would be well served to be ready for that moment. We say we haven't a promise of tomorrow, and while that statement is true, in actuality our next breath could very well be our last. Uncle Danny was a good man. He would try to help anyone. I can see him at his table with his tea grinning. I know exactly how Aunt Bonita feels except I had a few weeks to prepare though I still wasn't ready. She had no warning. He was there having supper then he was gone in the blink of an eye. That quickly. Please remember her and her family in your prayers. They will need the strength from prayer in the coming days. I've said it before- they were always like "parents" in law to me rather than uncle and aunt since I never knew Ricks mom. (Aunt Bonita was her baby sister.) Rick loved his aunts and uncle with all his heart and they were all there for him right through the end and are still here for the kids and me. My grand babies love Aunt Bonita. Tobi asked just a few days ago when she would see her again. Again, please keep them in your prayers.

Also I ask you to remember my step son in your prayers. Greg isn't feeling well and his doctors are working on figuring out what's wrong.

I think this is all for tonight.
I love all y'all! ❤
To be continued......

No comments:

Post a Comment