Thursday, February 2, 2012

Work week is done!

Monday afternoon I was watching TV and my phone rang. It was Michelle, my new boss. She said we are getting a patient with one of those Impella devices and you are the only one whose had one, can you come in? You can say no if you don't want to come in. I felt the fear, it is a new device we are beginning to use. I have had 2 classes and one other patient with it. I thought about it and said I would go in. I got there around 4 pm, set the room up and waited, and waited and waited. After about an hour and a half, I walked down to the cath lab where they put these things in to check out things. They were still working. I got report and went back to wait. About 6:30 they called, went down to help transport and got settled in the room. Night shift came in and together we got situated. NO problem! Was very, very glad when 9 pm came and it was time to go home. Had to be back on Tuesday morning and have worked every day since but the good thing is I got tomorrow off! YAY!! Another good thing: I am very, very confident with the Impella device now. Now, I am not bragging, others are too, but I am ready. I was afraid of the thing when we first got started. It is not a big deal to me now! It is like everything else, gotta get a comfort level then go for it!

On to other things! The count down is on, we will meet Rick's son on Sunday! It is almost here! Looking forward to the dinner too. Gonna make beef stew and chili, others are bringing soup too, and others are bringing sandwiches. Others are bringing sweets. It is gonna be a good day! I just hope it is not too warm for soup!

Everyone has gone gaga over this groundhog day thing. Doesn't matter if he sees his shadow or not. Spring arrives 7 weeks from today regardless. And you know our weather. Hot today and snow tomorrow sometimes. It IS KY after all! I do appreciate the warmer weather we have been having though. Good for the electric bills! But, it does make me think about when we have warmer January's we tend to have ice in March. I hope that doesn't happen this year.

That is all for tonight!
Bring it on, I ain't scared!

I love all y'all!
To be continued...............

1 comment:

  1. I always hated when we had new processes or devices that we had to use at work. But, most of the time, once you get adjusted to it the new things are better. It is just hard to make the change.
    I hope all goes well on Sunday. Sounds like you have a wonderful day planned.
    I have been enjoying this warm winter that we seem to be having. I am afraid that the insect population this summer will be crazy because of it though.
    Enjoy your day off!!

    ReplyDelete