Sunday, February 5, 2012

I do think this day deserves to be remembered!

I have tried to upload pics to the blog from today. They just won't load. If I use pics from my phone, they load fine. Pics from my camera will load to Facebook just fine but not to the blog. I don't understand it. Oh, well.

It has been an excellent day! Rick's son from his first marriage came to meet the family. We got out picture albums, some brought old photos, and mom and Teresa had the same idea to give Greg a video from the funeral. Greg and Michaelle brought me a gift......measuring spoons with the Serenity Prayer engraved on the spoons. Excellent.

We had lots of good food and it was a soup day after all! We had chili, beef stew, vege soup and potato soup. We had homemade bread, corn bread and crackers. We had chicken salad, pimento cheese, ham and peanut butter sandwiches. We had fudge pie, chocolate pie, lemon pie, chess bars, Hershey bar pie, and an Oreo dessert. We had tea and all kinds of colas. I think everyone had plenty of food and I think everyone was comfortable.

We had family here from both sides -- mine and Ricks. All his siblings were here, his Aunt Bonita and Uncle Danny and Aunt Erma and Uncle Loy were here. Of course, Aunt Bonita cried. We also had friends who are like family. It was such a good day and I am so glad we met and God willing, there will be many, many more family gatherings.

I love all y'all!
To be continued.................

2 comments:

  1. So happy to hear that it was a good day and that all went well. Saw the pictures on FB, everyone seemed to be enjoying the day.

    ReplyDelete