Friday, February 24, 2012

Some days........

Some days I have difficulty finding the words I want to use. Today is one of those days. It is one of those anniversary of days too. Today would have been Jennifer's 31st birthday. It is also the first of her birthdays without her here. I miss her. If you don't know who Jenn is, look in the blog archives to June 2011. She was a beautiful young mom to Aubrey June & wife to Chad, awesome nurse, and one of the best friends anyone could ask for. She left us too soon. Pulmonary Hypertension took her from us. And as much as we (her work family) miss her we know her natural family misses her so much more. I know the pain of that loss first hand. They are in my prayers for comfort as they deal with this anniversary.

I have other dear friends struggling with losses of other kinds which are devastating in their own ways. Prayers for comfort are going up for them as well.

I so wish that there was something I could do or say that would put comfort in their hearts and ease their grief. I know that is not possible. I wish I could help them as much as I have been helped by others. I know others are still remembering me in their prayers because I could not keep going if they weren't.

I have been trying to pray more often because I know from past experience when I am caught up in my praying life runs so much better! I am not telling you it is perfect and I get what I want. I will tell you I get what I need though. God will provide for His children everything we need as long as we serve Him. When we stray, He gently reminds us that we are straying. He will never leave us. It is we who leave Him. I have also found that the harder I try to pray and do what is right, the more Satan tries to put obstacles in my path to cause me to get off that path. Then, it takes me longer to get back on it. I just want to get on that path and stay on it. My mam maw Childress was a good christian woman. There was not one better. She never missed a service as long as she was able. She dressed right, talked right, raised her family right, had one son become a deacon and another a preacher, prayed that when her time came to rest that it would be swift and that she wouldn't suffer. Her prayer was answered. She had a stroke and was in the hospital-- she had fallen and broken her hip. It had been fixed and physical therapy folks were getting her up to walk. She looked at them and just closed her eyes and laid back down. She was gone. They tried to resuscitate her to no avail. God called her home to rest. She was very confused about many, many things in the days following her stroke and many of her words were not understandable, but she could tell you when and where the Lord saved her soul. No doubt. I want to be like that. That is something to strive for. When I was young, the women in the church who were the age I am now were so much stronger and closer to the Lord than I ever will be. Something to strive for. Gertie, Thelma Strange, Virginia Page, Becky, Wava, they would testify in the spirit and I wanted that. Thelma Strange was the person who came to me when I was lost. And Virginia's husband Roy had a burden for me. He stayed right behind me praying for me. I will never forget.

Don't know why those memories came to me tonight. But they did. I needed to share them I guess.

I will leave you with this:
Psalms 118:24 "This is the day which the LORD hath made, we will rejoice and be glad in it." KJV
Remember, please pray for each other and don't forget me and my family. And please remember Jennifer's family in your prayers, you don't have to know them -- God does. And please remember those who have illness and sadness in their homes as well as those who just need to be remembered in your prayers. Please remember those who are lost and are seeking God.
I love all y'all!
To be continued.................

No comments:

Post a Comment