Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Santa visited

Santa was here 2 days ago. The excitement in Tobi's voice and Bubba too was so precious. Livvy is too little to care yet.

Christmas was OK, it is not the same anymore without Rick. Val Nick and Janna tried their best to make sure I had a "good Christmas". And it was but it is just not the same. And at work well meaning friends ask how Christmas was. It brings tears to my eyes which I don't want to do especially at work. I choke back that it was OK trying not to cry. Then I had to move my patient out and she moves to the room he died in. I couldn't do it. Luckily folks jumped in and moved her for me. I don't know if I will ever be able to go to that room again. It makes me too emotional.

Today, I had a low grade fever and my eyes hurt so bad, along with some pleuritic pain--it really hurts to take a deep breath. Nick picked me up early from work. I took Ibuprofen and went to bed. I just got up about an hour ago. I don't feel too bad except it still hurts to take a deep breath.

A friend since first grade lost her mom to cancer. Please remember that family in your prayers. Sally was a wonderful woman. She was a good Christian. I have many fond memories of growing up and spending the night over there. My first slumber party experiences were at her house.

I hope y'all had a "good" Christmas and that you have a very Happy New Year!
I love all y'all
To be continued...............

No comments:

Post a Comment