Saturday, May 28, 2011

Today is my birthday

and it has been a great day! Today started off with Nick taking me to Cracker Barrel for breakfast. I came home, left again to run errands. Placed flowers on Rick's grave for Memorial Day, came back home, Nana called and wanted to fix supper. I went there about 3pm. We had a great supper, good laughs, Greg spit coke all the way across the table after some funny story from our past. Didn't get to see my babies today, but that is OK. I love my babies, and I miss them. I will see them soon. Mom had a cake baked and delivered to me by my friend Beth. It is chocolate and very, very good. It was a pretty cake until we cut it!

Tomorrow is homecoming at several churches. I want to go somewhere. Rick and I always went to Good Springs because his ancestors are there. My original home church was a "spin off" of Good Springs after the National Park took the land. Union Light has homecoming tomorrow as well. Much of my family goes there and my Childress grandparents as well as uncles and aunts are there. Wingfield has homecoming tomorrow. No relatives there by blood but very good friends and neighbors go there. So I must choose which place to go. My heart is telling me Good Springs so that is probably where I will go. Though, that will be difficult without Rick. Last year I had to work and didn't get to go anywhere. It would have been really difficult to go there last year. I actually have relatives who attend there as well. They also have family buried there. So I will know several folks there. My cousin Keith will conduct the services. His grandfather did so for many, many years and now it has fallen to him. He will continue the tradition for as long as he is able.

I just want to say how humbled and overwhelmed I am at all the birthday wishes I received today on facebook! I am in awe! Thank you to each and every one!

I love y'all!
To be continued................

No comments:

Post a Comment